Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, I am in the process of renewing my insurance, and have bewen getting quotes online, Aviva (Swinton Insurance) have givin me a quote i am happy with , but atm my car is standard. does anyone know if they accept the Dream Science engine map add on to the car or will I try another company ,l know they do Focus ST 260.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(Alex2x @ 6 Jan 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a quick question, I am in the process of renewing my insurance, and have bewen getting quotes online, Aviva (Swinton Insurance) have givin me a quote i am happy with , but atm my car is standard. does anyone know if they accept the Dream Science engine map add on to the car or will I try another company ,l know they do Focus ST 260.

If you are really looking at getting one, tell them now at inception you have one, when they are giving you a nice introduction discount,the extra you pay now will likely be less than the extra they charge mid term especially when you consider the brokers fee they will no doubt add to any increase premium (whihc would like be more anyway without the intro discount.

Nb there is also a change that mid term they change their underighting and will not accept the mod so you would have to change insurers and the hastle this causes, if you do it at inception and they change their minds mid term, there is nothing they can do until renewal

·
Vendor
708 Posts
Have you tried our scheme? FocusSToc is our 2nd best performer out of over 180 forums!

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 7 Jan 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I cna confirm Chris Knott are good, I have been using them for various cars for years.

Thanks Dennis, we try our best!

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Dennis, we try our best!

Pity your organisation doesn't answer the phone, or return emails though.

I understand the weather is screwing things royally at the moment, and that you were closed yesterday. However, your phone system is operational today, but just rings and rings and rings.....

My email request for a quote several days ago was not responded to (or even acknowledged) either.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pity your organisation doesn't answer the phone, or return emails though.

I understand the weather is screwing things royally at the moment, and that you were closed yesterday. However, your phone system is operational today, but just rings and rings and rings.....

My email request for a quote several days ago was not responded to (or even acknowledged) either.

To be fair, the phones have gone mad today because people who would have normally tried us over the last 2 days are all ringing this morning! Coupled with the fact that Peter (who receives the emails) couldn't get in for those days either, and tells me he is now wading through all the emails, shows that we are trying!

When is your renewal date? Is it today? If so, I can get him to put it to the top of the list though I would expect he would do that anyway.

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be fair, the phones have gone mad today because people who would have normally tried us over the last 2 days are all ringing this morning! Coupled with the fact that Peter (who receives the emails) couldn't get in for those days either, and tells me he is now wading through all the emails, shows that we are trying!

When is your renewal date? Is it today? If so, I can get him to put it to the top of the list though I would expect he would do that anyway.

Fine.

Like I said, I understand the weather does not help.

However, the phone simply rang and rang and I was cut off. Some form of message at the start letting me know what was going on (unusually high call volumes) would have been nice.

An acknowledgment of the email would have been good too - even if you couldn't quote for a few days. Just so I knew that it hadn't disappeared into the ether.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fine.

Like I said, I understand the weather does not help.

However, the phone simply rang and rang and I was cut off. Some form of message at the start letting me know what was going on (unusually high call volumes) would have been nice.

An acknowledgment of the email would have been good too - even if you couldn't quote for a few days. Just so I knew that it hadn't disappeared into the ether.

The difficulty is that you can't legislate for when it is going to be busy. One minute everyone may be on the phone but then the next, they may not be. The phone system tries everyone twice & then asks you to ring back (if all busy) at a time to suit you.

Sorry, and more importantly for you (!), when is your renewal date?

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The difficulty is that you can't legislate for when it is going to be busy. One minute everyone may be on the phone but then the next, they may not be. The phone system tries everyone twice & then asks you to ring back (if all busy) at a time to suit you.

Your phone system is not working as you think then - well, at least not when I called.

You managed to record a message yesterday saying that the office was closed. All I'm saying is that a similar message at the start of the call today, might have saved me listening to a "ring-ring" for 5 minutes in the hope that someone might answer, and then saved me becoming incandescent when I was simply cut off.

The only reason I was calling at all is because I had not received even an acknowledgement of the emailed quotation request (I understand you couldn't quote), saying that it had been received and it would be dealt with.

I have tried to contact you repeatedly through various means, and I have received no reply/answer or acknowledgement. Were it not for this forum and the conversation we are having here, all communication with you has disappeared into a black hole. Some people might draw a conclusion that you had simply gone out of business.

From my perspective, I am chasing you hard to try and generate business for YOU, and you seem less than interested.

The weather is rubbish, and has affected everyone hugely - I get that.

You clearly have some very satisfied customers, and so you clearly "know your stuff" - I get that.

Today is the first day back after some disruption - I get that too.

What I am trying to tell you (perhaps not very well) is that the image you are potentially portraying to the general public RIGHT NOW is less than ideal.

Rant over.

QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, and more importantly for you (!), when is your renewal date?

13th January. But I'd rather not leave it until the last minute.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 8 Jan 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your phone system is not working as you think then - well, at least not when I called.

You managed to record a message yesterday saying that the office was closed. All I'm saying is that a similar message at the start of the call today, might have saved me listening to a "ring-ring" for 5 minutes in the hope that someone might answer, and then saved me becoming incandescent when I was simply cut off.

The only reason I was calling at all is because I had not received even an acknowledgement of the emailed quotation request (I understand you couldn't quote), saying that it had been received and it would be dealt with.

I have tried to contact you repeatedly through various means, and I have received no reply/answer or acknowledgement. Were it not for this forum and the conversation we are having here, all communication with you has disappeared into a black hole. Some people might draw a conclusion that you had simply gone out of business.

From my perspective, I am chasing you hard to try and generate business for YOU, and you seem less than interested.

The weather is rubbish, and has affected everyone hugely - I get that.

You clearly have some very satisfied customers, and so you clearly "know your stuff" - I get that.

Today is the first day back after some disruption - I get that too.

What I am trying to tell you (perhaps not very well) is that the image you are potentially portraying to the general public RIGHT NOW is less than ideal.

Rant over.

13th January. But I'd rather not leave it until the last minute.

I understand your frustration but we are doing our best considering half the New Business team didn't make it in today due to the snow.

And if you bear with us, we will get to your email - this is the first opportunity Peter has had to see it!

Strangely I had another person rant on a different forum saying that we had not replied to his email - sent when we were closed again - only for contact to be about 30 minutes later & then he showed his gratitude on the forum because we had saved him money & he took out the policy!

Can you pm me your name & postcode and I'll see what's happening?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Can i just add that if i was renewing my policy, which i will be soon, i wouldnt even consider your company as you appear to have a bad attitude from reading this post, which makes me think claims could be 'interesting'.

Maybe a 'i will look into it, sorry the phone system isnt working as it should' or a 'I understand your frustration' in the first post rather than the 4th or 5th.

You are representing your company and id be seriously miffed if i was your boss.......

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I understand your frustration but we are doing our best considering half the New Business team didn't make it in today due to the snow.

And if you bear with us, we will get to your email - this is the first opportunity Peter has had to see it!

Strangely I had another person rant on a different forum saying that we had not replied to his email - sent when we were closed again - only for contact to be about 30 minutes later & then he showed his gratitude on the forum because we had saved him money & he took out the policy!

Can you pm me your name & postcode and I'll see what's happening?

I'm sure your quote will be competitive - that is why I am frustrated at the lack of communication.

An auto-acknowledge on the email is not hard to achieve, and had I received one, we would not be having this conversation right now. Equally, you wouldn't have had the rant on the other forum either!!

If the auto-acknowledge was there, then it wouldn't have mattered whether I sent the email when you were closed or not, and it wouldn't have mattered that this is the first opportunity for Peter to see it. At least I would have had something tangible showing that the email had been received, and would have saved me a phone call!! If nothing else, it would have saved you two "rants" on two seperate fora!!

Please try and see it from my point of view. I send you email, and I get NOTHING back. After a few days I phone you to chase the quote, only for the phone to ring and ring and then I get cut off with no opportunity to leave a message.

The fact that only half your New Business team are in, and this is the first opportunity Peter has had to see the email are irrelevant.

Failings of systems that could be automated (and thus weather independent) have resulted in an annoyed potential customer. An automated response to my email, and a message at the start of my phone call to you would have solved this particular problem.

Never mind. We seem to be going round in circles.

This isn't "personal". I am annoyed at Chris Knott insurers, and the way in which they have chosen to deal with their communications and staffing problems - not at you. However, you are their representative on this forum. Your replies and actions have a bearing on my response.

I hope this is read in the spirit with which it is intended.

I shall PM you my name and postcode. Many thanks for your help, Tim.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 8 Jan 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure your quote will be competitive - that is why I am frustrated at the lack of communication.

An auto-acknowledge on the email is not hard to achieve, and had I received one, we would not be having this conversation right now. Equally, you wouldn't have had the rant on the other forum either!!

If the auto-acknowledge was there, then it wouldn't have mattered whether I sent the email when you were closed or not, and it wouldn't have mattered that this is the first opportunity for Peter to see it. At least I would have had something tangible showing that the email had been received, and would have saved me a phone call!! If nothing else, it would have saved you two "rants" on two seperate fora!!

Please try and see it from my point of view. I send you email, and I get NOTHING back. After a few days I phone you to chase the quote, only for the phone to ring and ring and then I get cut off with no opportunity to leave a message.

The fact that only half your New Business team are in, and this is the first opportunity Peter has had to see the email are irrelevant.

Failings of systems that could be automated (and thus weather independent) have resulted in an annoyed potential customer. An automated response to my email, and a message at the start of my phone call to you would have solved this particular problem.

Never mind. We seem to be going round in circles.

This isn't "personal". I am annoyed at Chris Knott insurers, and the way in which they have chosen to deal with their communications and staffing problems - not at you. However, you are their representative on this forum. Your replies and actions have a bearing on my response.

I hope this is read in the spirit with which it is intended.

I shall PM you my name and postcode. Many thanks for your help, Tim.

No, it's a valid point. I have asked the IT guy to implement the autoresponder based on what you say.

I must admit the email quoting facility has been very successful since it's launch and people on different forums have said that they are impressed with the quick response but tbh we haven't encountered the problems caused by the snow this week regarding the said email quotes.

Thanks for pointing that out. As it's new, we are always tweaking it so it's good feedback.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
Thanks David, got your pm.
Peter told me he rang you on Tuesday and got your answerphone so left a message asking you to call him back!!

Still a valid point re the autoresponder though!

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 8 Jan 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks David, got your pm.
Peter told me he rang you on Tuesday and got your answerphone so left a message asking you to call him back!!

Still a valid point re the autoresponder though!

Interesting.

I just re-checked my voicemail in case I missed one, and there are no messages on my voicemail since 31st December.

Look forward to receiving my quote as soon as you can.

·
Vendor
708 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 8 Jan 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Interesting.

I just re-checked my voicemail in case I missed one, and there are no messages on my voicemail since 31st December.

Look forward to receiving my quote as soon as you can.

OK, I'll get him to ring you now if that's OK?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.