Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if anyone can actually notice the AVC working in their car.

I have the OEM single CD DAB unit with B/T and USB in an 09 ST. The AVC can be set from +1 to +5. I'm assuming that +5 means its either more sensitive to picking road noise or produces a greater volume change when it does pick up and increase in ambient noise.

I've tried all settings from 1 to 5. I've also experimented turning on the headunit before starting the car, after starting at idle, while driving...and nothing seems to make it work. I still have to turn the volume up manually if, for example, I go onto the motorway.

Has anyone else noticed this / fixed this or know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Colin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies people and thanks for clarifying that it increases with speed. So it seems that the majority can notice it. I have a mate with a Clio Trophy and the feature is really noticeable in his car. I guess I need to get a few different passengers in the motor and see if they can detect anything. But from where I'm sitting it doesn't seem to have any effect and I just end up reaching for the stalk controls like I did in my old focus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.