Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know after how long an 08 facelift
without keyless entry will lock itself if you walk away without locking it. I have noticed that if you unlock it but don't open a door or the boot it locks again after app 20 seconds. If how ever you walk away after parking and forget to lock it, does it do it itself after a period of time. I have tried leaving it for 30 min and found it was still unlocked.
Does anyone know if it does lock itself and if so, after how long.
Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
I don't think it locks itself you have to lock it,if you leave the engine running you can walk away with the keys in your pocket and it still runs! have done it myself

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what I suspected, but Ithought I had heard that it did. As I said my only experience is if you unlock the car and then don't touch it quickly enough it locks itself again. Presumably so you cant unlock it accidently.

·
Registered
293 Posts
this is the one problem i have with the ST.. our lass takes the
cause it dont auto lock . she has a clio 197 which does

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Aye it definitely does not lock itself and I have a feeling that neither does the keyless version either as you have to press the button on the boot or front doors to lock the car.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
You need to lock a "keyfree" car by either using the fob, or the buttons on the driver or passenger door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts