Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS above mentions would the new 5 cylinder 2.5litre turbo audi engine fit in an ST?

apologies for the naivety, and plain stupidness!! but i am not mechanically minded!!

It would be great to get all of ur thoughts and opinions for this to be successful if it is possible!!

Remember there is no such thing as cant lol!!

Attachments

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
as you say mate anythings possible. get me a big enough hammer and i gaurantee i will get it to fit!
won't be able to make it drive though!

the question is why would you want to?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
It might fit in the engine bay but that'd be the least of your worries I'd say.

Once you've got it in, worked out what's what with the gearbox, driveshafts, plumbed in all the cooling system, intercooler and induction system, clutch, exhaust, worked out suitable engine mounts, totally rewired the car to suit the Audi electrical system (ST's engine wired as part of the canbus) etc you might think it's not been such a good idea.

Bit like doing a heart transplant, not that easy at the best of times especially using parts from 2 totally different animals!

Total waste of time and resources unless you've more money than sense imho.

·
Registered
484 Posts
not the engine i would drop in, would be alot easier and better running a new mk2 RS engine.
plus with the time and money it would cost there are better cars aswell.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lads thanks for all the replies!! appreciate it.

It was just a thought i had at work today, u know those i wonder if u did this wot wud the outcome be!! i have no plans to do anything of the sort, read my sig lol!

saying that droping an RS engine in sounds like a better idea!!

I just thought if it was possible check out the performance figures of the TT RS plus one raced me and beat me
(on private land)

The spec of it is 0-60 in 4.6 sec!!! anyway it wouldnt be the same due to the quattro as well!!

A big cheers to troy! I knew whilst i originally wrote this topic that u would reply with the best answer!!

Oh well!! ill just stick to the mountune kit, and save up for an RS engine lol! the STs are more refined and better built than the RS!!

Cheers lads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.