Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just a heads up guys (mainly for ppl in the croft/culcheth/warrington area)
Came downstairs this morning to find the back door open and a window bust open.
They had trodden mud through the house so we have plenty of footprints!
All the drawers/cupboards were open (including the fridge
) but the keys for ST and Saleen are nicely tucked away.
Dog and cats were out and about wandering the garden.
Same thing happened as it did 12 months ago, they managed to find the keys for my mums old passat, but decided to leave the car there because its a shed. This does mean that we have no keys for this car because both sets have been stolen now.
Mums asked me if i'd think about selling the ST now

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Jesus mate, twice in a year
, that is rotten luck! Fingers crossed the police catch the scum that have done this to you. Was anything taken that you know of

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothin taken mate, apart from the key to the Passat.... Its obviously there whenever they decide they want a practical everyday estate car!

We had just bought a big tub of clover butter (my favourite) so that was the biggest scare when i saw the fridge door open...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Jesus mate thats awful

Time to invest in an intruder alarm I think, you can get really good ones which work wirelessly for a few hundred quid.
I wont start on what should happen to these scumbags

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Thats awful thing to happen once let along twice in a year, like the guy above suggests invest in an alarm mate and perhaps a camera over the car

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Mate

If I were you - I'd have a burglar alarm fitted. Sounds like they are opportunist thieves and keep doing it knowing you are all sleeping

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Not nice hearing of things like this, glad the
is still there, can`t believe they went in the fridge

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Please to hear no-one was hurt, seems a bit frightening to think you`ve been targeted twice in a year. Maybe time to beef up your security with lights etc.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah theres some steps we need to take.....
Having the dog and cats makes things a bit tricky though.
CID have been round, there has been two lads in the house, and they suspect there would have been two waiting in the car.
Also been told "off the record", if i dont start garaging the car or park it down the road, then I WILL lose the car before long.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Gutted to hear your news, but glad that everyone is OK. It would be such a shame if you had to sell your pride and joy due to the toerags we sadly share this world with

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(JayDon @ 15 Feb 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Having the dog and cats makes things a bit tricky though.

Most alarms let you isolate "zones" so you could easy put the pets in the kitchen and disable it from in there, or just bring them upstairs i guess.

I'd be looking at the garage option if you can as well.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(JayDon @ 15 Feb 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah theres some steps we need to take.....
Also been told "off the record", if i dont start garaging the car or park it down the road, then I WILL lose the car before long.

How the
can they say that, mine is defended by a dog and a
huge machete! (amazing what you could buy on ebay about 5 years ago!)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(danielk1986 @ 15 Feb 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So many little toe rags about!! Least eveythings ok including the butter!

Any pics of the Saleen to help the time pass at work
Love em!

This wont help my popularity with the theives but here we go...
Im sure its not what you were expecting with a Saleen.. lol.
It's a 5.4L Supercharged V8 with 450hp, 500lb ft torque..... oh and it doesnt fit in any parking place at Sainsburys

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(JayDon @ 15 Feb 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This wont help my popularity with the theives but here we go...
Im sure its not what you were expecting with a Saleen.. lol.
It's a 5.4L Supercharged V8 with 450hp, 500lb ft torque..... oh and it doesnt fit in any parking place at Sainsburys

Serious piece of kit there mate, love it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
These
should be hung!

1-Why not try to put a couple of 500watt sensor flood lights up at your back door.
2-You can get an alarm that has only door sensors so you can leave the dog and cat in the kitchen but have the patio doors and kitchen window on a sensor so if opened they go off.
3-If the cars parked on your drive make sure you have gates that are locked, electrically or manualy secure.
4-Tell all your neighbours about this, then if they do see anyone they dont know they might call you or keep an eye out.
5-Keep something handy 'like a crow-bar' so if it does happen and they confront you, you're ready, and it was self defence.

Good luck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
QUOTE(Andye @ 15 Feb 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can`t believe they went in the fridge

They was really after the Utterly Butterly, but once they see the Clover, they run.
Sounds like the infamous ButterBall Bandits.

Least the
wasn't taken.

Reason i like my garage. No-one knows what i got if any scummers are walking the streets at night. Well Cul-de-Sac.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Little *********** hopefully they will get a pasting when they break into the wrong house

Glad your car is ok. Might be worthwhile getting some cctv and a intruder alarm and if you can get hold of one a tazer lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts