Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you see this??

Really horiffic injury, and as i am welsh i fell really sorry for him.

You can see Shawcross didn't mean it, it was just a ball they both went for. I hope he makes a full recovery and it doesn't effect his career or even worse end his career

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
really horiffic injury mate. don't think there was any intended malice though. youth is on his side and when he returns he will be much stronger mentally for this bad experience. he truly is a top talent.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It reminded me of seeing that player Busst many years ago against Man Utd getting his leg broke - that ended his career. Hope Ramsey will be ok, but man did it look painful. Shawcross clearly never meant it and guess he will be first at the hospital to see Ramsey. Feel for them both really. Ramsey for his injury, and Shawcross for his despair. He looked devasted, but probably not as much as Ramsey was in pain. Just not good for anyone or football.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Did anyone see the Barrow V Leigh rugby league game on thursday??? Lad there fell and you could see his arm fold

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
was a 50\50 tackle and on match of the day they slowed it right down and his leg was all ready bent over before shawcross made the tackle.

I hope stoke appeal against the red card because it really should be lifed.

think all this now has over shadowed that fact that he's just been called up for the england squad last night

just hope arron he makes a full recovery

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(boost junkie @ 28 Feb 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was a 50\50 tackle and on match of the day they slowed it right down and his leg was all ready bent over before shawcross made the tackle.

I hope stoke appeal against the red card because it really should be lifed.

think all this now has over shadowed that fact that he's just been called up for the england squad last night

just hope arron he makes a full recovery
i just watched it again mate & your correct. it was never a red card! just a freak accident.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(boost junkie @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep freak accident. think in all honestly the ref didnt know what do.

thing is wenger needs watch a reply as he's trying get the ban increased!
!

just been listening to him on sky sports. if it had been the other way around he would'nt have seen the incident!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What other response would you expect from Wenger?

The bloke needs to look at things without the use of Gooner coloured spectacles - he might then get a bit of respect from others. Until then he will always been seen/known as a Wenger the Whinger.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bad refereeing decision in the heat of the moment, shawcross felt bad enough
50/50 tackle totally

Hope he makes a full recovery

Could affect shawcross's career too, hope not

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Agreed. When i watched in real time it just looked like a 50/50. The ref just sent him off as Ramsay had broken his leg. No studs showing, not two footed just mistimed. I think some ref's need to be able to make decisions based upon the challenge rather than the reaction of players. I do not think shawcross would have been able to play on anyway the lad was devastated after the tackle.

As for Wenger, He basically did what managers of the top 4 clubs do and that is complain when it goes against them and say nothing when there players do bad things.Oh and I am a Man united fan BTW

Can straight reds be appealed?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think straight reds can be appealled.

It's when you get yellow + yellow = red that they can't - unless of course I am mistaken

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I was at the match and this happened right in front of where i was sitting, absolutely sickening injury, the leg was bent at 90degrees around the mid shin area. They didnt show that on TV. After the tackle but before he hit the deck you could see the leg wobbling around in mid air - Horrific.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
One of those things sadly , it will have an effect on shawcross as he will never get it out of his head ,

i hoppe young shawcross will continue his promising career & wish young mr Ramsey a speedy recovery

As for mr Wenger , he probably spoke at the spur of the moment & was clearly annoyed , love him or hate him he is an asset to premier league with the players he buys & the style of football the Arsenal play , Being a spurs fan it saddens me to say it but they do play some delightful stuff & mainly on the carpet ! get your money on them for the title !

As for the Tackle i have to say it was just two young pro's trying to win the ball .

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
One of those things sadly , it will have an effect on shawcross as he will never get it out of his head ,

i hoppe young shawcross will continue his promising career & wish young mr Ramsey a speedy recovery

As for mr Wenger , he probably spoke at the spur of the moment & was clearly annoyed , love him or hate him he is an asset to premier league with the players he buys & the style of football the Arsenal play , Being a spurs fan it saddens me to say it but they do play some delightful stuff & mainly on the carpet ! get your money on them for the title !

As for the Tackle i have to say it was just two young pro's trying to win the ball .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can definately tell there was no intent, it was a 50/50 challenge. And i agree that it was not a red card so they should appeal against it

They found out that he broke his fibia and tibia, i dont know if they are serious bones to break but it dont sound good

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
QUOTE(wilson2010 @ 1 Mar 2010, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can definately tell there was no intent, it was a 50/50 challenge. And i agree that it was not a red card so they should appeal against it

They found out that he broke his fibia and tibia, i dont know if they are serious bones to break but it dont sound good

You have 2 bones that run from the knee to the ankle, and he's broke both of them. It's going to be a very long and difficult recovery. His leg will probably never be as strong again. He does have the a amazing healing power of youth on his side though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts