Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hunting for info for a few weeks I started the process of removing the armrest and the other bits of console to route a few wires from the boot to the front dash.

I popped the little storage holder out and the cover above it. Removed the 6 torx screws and tried to take it off. No go
. Undid the four bolts that held it to the floor (It's an ST you see) and gave it another wiggle. Hurrah! it came lose
. However, when I give it a wiggle, it seems attached all the way to the front. From a quick look, it appears to be in three sections. One at the back, one that surrounds the handbrake and one that surrounds the gearstick. These, I assume, are all clipped together somehow. I don't want to take off the front sections as I reckon I can thread the wires through but I would really like to get underneath the back section.

Any ideas where the clips are or how to get each section separated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As no one on this forum seems to have done it, after much prodding, pulling, swearing and attacking, I finally did it.

Open the ashtray in the rear.
Pull off the cover above it. (Easy)
With ashtray half open, pull up. It will unclip at the bottom. Then just wiggle it out.
In the space behind there are four bolts (10mm). Undo those.
Up front pull the gear lever gator surround out the way.
Beneath that is another cover. That's quite hard to unclip but does.
Beneath that cover are two bolts. One on either side. Undo them.
Two clips hold it to the centre console. Simply apply a little pressure backwards and they will come away.
Wiggle the whole console out the way, up and over the gear lever and over the handbrake.
Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.