Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh lol, and also whats better? to get finance from ford or bank loan? i wont be able to mod etc on finance will i? as its like hiring the car?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
oh lol, and also whats better? to get finance from ford or bank loan? i wont be able to mod etc on finance will i? as its like hiring the car?
Get a loan from wonga. com!

either mate! as long as its insured correctly im pretty sure neither could give a damn.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Depends on the finance deal - if you have it on Options then it's like a personal lease plan and the car needs to be returned in the same state - it's what the guaranteed future minimum value is based on. If you have it on Acquire then it's straight HP, at the end of the loan it's yours so you can do what you want with it. I personally prefer Ford Credit because the loan is secured on the car (until you've paid for at least a third of it) so if you find yourself not being able to afford payments then they take the car back, it doesn't affect anything else, they won't come round for your TV.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Get a loan from wonga. com!

either mate! as long as its insured correctly im pretty sure neither could give a damn.
I was with a finance company for mine and it was in their terms that the car was not to be modified. I even rang them to check and they confirmed it. Was a bit frustrating that even when you owe them hardly anything they still basically own your car. Couldnt wait to get it paid off and let the modding commence.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I was with a finance company for mine and it was in their terms that the car was not to be modified. I even rang them to check and they confirmed it. Was a bit frustrating that even when you owe them hardly anything they still basically own your car. Couldnt wait to get it paid off and let the modding commence.
So the answer is check the smallprint

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
what company so we know to avoid it mate
?

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
i better get bank loan then, not getting an st and then not being able to touch it as if its rented lol
You should still check, as they will ask you a reason for the loan and they might have conditions for loans for cars.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts