Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given a ticket for parking over two bays when they car park is so unclearly signed, craply lit and dark, and the white lines were no exsistant theyve never been renwed in years. so ive appealed once the chance of getting off with it? ive included pictures etc

Its only £25 now, its the principle, and the local warden is a
, gives me so much grief while working for BT working in busy streets or in the road when i clearly busy and need to park there. This was in my car bare in mind, in the van they i wouldnt of cared.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I think the main thing will be how clearly the bays were marked. I once got away with parking on a double yellow line because the law states it has to be a solid, unbroken line and there were patches where bits were missing. Not quite the same but you see what I'm getting at - if the bays are not clearly marked then you can't be expected to park within one.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I can see the white line that you're parked over, so you're clearly parking outside of a marked bay. Having seen that I think you should just pay it rather than risk more expense fighting it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Visible but not marked cleary, the poilce would jump on me if i tinted my lights do dark that they looked like a torch, and me saying they are on and working but not cleary wouldnt wash

Worth a try, if it fails i still get 14days to pay the £25, its the fact it was dead and its a dump! ...
i had to do a 2 point turn to access the first bend its a terrible car park and the walls and corners are multi coloured due to car hitting them, i wouldnt fancy driving a VW passat/audi a4 sized car in.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
That's a different picture, you didn't park there. Had you parked in that area then I would say fair enough, appeal it. However you have parked right on top of a clearly visible bay marking which can be seen in the first pic you posted. It's a fair cop fella.

·
Registered
647 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Visible but not marked cleary, the poilce would jump on me if i tinted my lights do dark that they looked like a torch, and me saying they are on and working but not cleary wouldnt wash

Worth a try, if it fails i still get 14days to pay the £25, its the fact it was dead and its a dump! ...
i had to do a 2 point turn to access the first bend its a terrible car park and the walls and corners are multi coloured due to car hitting them, i wouldnt fancy driving a VW passat/audi a4 sized car in.
doesnt sway from the fact you can clearly see a white line under your car where you have parked over two bays

·
Registered
456 Posts
Councils don't tend to like giving into tickets. I did successfully appeal a ticket I had in the summer though had to appeal to the ombudsman though still Saved me £50
for the price of a stamp

·
Registered
549 Posts
Or just pay the fine, and remember next time to have a good look if you're parked properly or not. Saves hassle of appealing for 25 quid!

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Or just pay the fine, and remember next time to have a good look if you're parked properly or not. Saves hassle of appealing for 25 quid!
At the end of the day whilst I realise why you chose to park over two spaces when you do so you know the risks, you know it might end up in a fine. It's time to pay the piper.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The car parks a dump and the bays in some areas are non existent I'm not
about the £25 I spend x5 that one one night out. Generally the car park isn't fit for purpose esp when paying £4 for 2 hours?

Plus the traffic warden is a
.. Haha

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
The car parks a dump and the bays in some areas are non existent I'm not
about the £25 I spend x5 that one one night out. Generally the car park isn't fit for purpose esp when paying £4 for 2 hours?

Plus the traffic warden is a
.. Haha
But you still chose to park there....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts