Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per topic went to IKEA yesterday, parked up all fine came back to the car - whining noise from engine bay at idle and battery light one. Dont need to be an auto electrician to work out whats wrong! Have posted in the alternator thread (Mines a 55 plate with 57k on the clock).

Have a dilema - normally use Ian Cranstons in Skipton but its a 17 mile drive away and I run the risk of the car packing up on the way there. Wondering if anyone knows a reliable independent garage in Bradford or a good auto electrician that you would trust with your ST?

Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Whatever you do dont use Polar ford in Bradford. I collected my 16 month old car only to find headlights didnt work ( found this out at nighttime as to be expected) Tyre repair kit also missing ( found this out at wrong time also) Total crock of
they are

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(theboy @ 23 Nov 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whatever you do dont use Polar ford in Bradford. I collected my 16 month old car only to find headlights didnt work ( found this out at nighttime as to be expected) Tyre repair kit also missing ( found this out at wrong time also) Total crock of
they are

Dont worry I have had dealings with them before wont touch them with a barge pole! Mrs managed to limp it to Skipton and it died 1 mile away from Ian's. Came and picked her up with new battery and got it to the garage! £160+VAT and fitting for a new belt and alternator...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(wolfman @ 23 Nov 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With battery full charged and running minimal electrics you should have a range of approx 30-40 miles (40-50 mins) if it it helps.

I think that we might just be out of range for you here in Stockport

Saw your advert in the alternator thread Wolfman. The car managed 5 miles back from IKEA yesterday but that was in the dark and raining so lights and wipers on and it managed all but the last mile to Skipton before it died completely. So managed about 15 miles in total as well as being sat overnight.

Mrs works over your way so may come over another time, when I'm ready for a new exhaust! Once I've recovered from paying for a stupid new alternator!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts