2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link i just noticed on youtube...

Least we wouldn't have issues with diffusers meeting speed bumps

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Dont get me wrong but
it maybe but looked like a hell of a lot of work was involved and at the end of the day the owner was chuffed to bit's........bet it cost a bloody fortune though

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't say it was Chavy, well unless you were bouncing up n down at traffic lights thinking you were a Jay-Z.

It would be ideal for shows to get it looking perfect then heighten it if you came up against any obstacles.
I wonder how the ride comfort differs between air and conventional spring?
How would it cope with corners? Is it completley for show?
But your right must of cost him a pretty penny.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Dan
I agree with what your saying bud

Id like to think it was for show purposes only as i for one wouldnt want to track that car with those air bags for suspension

PS Just before any one pipes up and says articulated vehicles use a similar system i know they do .........

·
Registered
28 Posts
would love to see a st on its
like this but at the same time i don't think this is a mod for the st (more for 1.6 1.8 2.0s with more money than sense lol)

probs cost about £1500

a guy round my way had a golf on airbags looked great parked up (always had it on its
)

duno how legal streched tyres are??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lol I hope they use copper coated piping for the air lines like, looks like they may have...brown leather? not for me...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not helped by the fact the owner looks like a bit of a tool, but I'm really coming round the idea of air suspension.

More and more premium brands are switching to air as OEM equipment. Air suspension is fitted to a lot of the bigger AMGs, if its good enough for them its good enough for me!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha! The interior was hideous huh, no cow deserved to die for that!

Hmmm, if the likes of AMG are using this technology it must be able to handle corners pretty dam well.

Good luck Karl if you decide to go down that route......hell...you'd probably even be allowed to post it in the UNIQUE section!!!
haha.

Good find Rowe but page has expired
that mk2 looks faultless tho!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I was trying to find his blog but couldn't. Loads of photos on it.
It's all smoothed too. Looks pretty smart if you like that sorta thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts