Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
I've seen on Instagram a couple of MK4 ST equipped with the KW Coilovers. I wonder if there are any of you here who already modified their suspension and have anything to share about the new driving experience. I'm all happy with the stock right now but since we got no individual modes to tailor to our needs, sometimes the sport dampers are a bit too stiff on bumpy roads and I've heard how people perfected the MK3 RS ride with some new KW coils.

· Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
4,068 Posts
I've seen on Instagram a couple of MK4 ST equipped with the KW Coilovers. I wonder if there are any of you here who already modified their suspension and have anything to share about the new driving experience. I'm all happy with the stock right now but since we got no individual modes to tailor to our needs, sometimes the sport dampers are a bit too stiff on bumpy roads and I've heard how people perfected the MK3 RS ride with some new KW coils.
Hi Vilius, on my RS I fitted H&R lowering springs and in normal, sport or track mode it has decreased the pogo effect considerably.

With the RS tho I can have the dampers stiffened up or turned off in all modes its only track mode do they come on as default when that mode is selected but can then be switched off and normal or sport can be switched on if required.

With the dampers stiffened up the H&R springs don't seem to make any difference

· Registered
258 Posts
What do people think is the cause of the jittery ride over poor surfaces, Springs or dampers?

I spoke to one owner that fitted H&R lowering springs. He fitted them purely for aesthetics (looks great on the them), he said the ride quality got marginally worse on them

· Registered
258 Posts
I'd like to chat to these owners to see how they find the ride quality now, do you have any Instagram account names of mk4 ST owners running KWs?

I did email KW technical support, and they said their setup provides a more comfortable ride than OEM. (Perhaps they would say that!!). Interesting option though

· Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone done a spring only upgrade (eg Eibach Pro Kit). It seems this may be a good way to go as they would be compatible with the adaptive dampers? Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.