Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My contracts not up until June, with upgrade due in April, just after some one to try and speed up that process as cheaply as possible, my phones slowly dying and I'm in no position to buy a new one

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can pay your contract up to upgrade early - get a quote, it may not be as expensive as you may think!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
All you have to do is work out how many months left on line rental and pay that amount back.

So if you pay £30 a month and have 3 months left, you just pay £90 to upgrade/cancel early.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if my phone did have an 'accident' I Dont have the luxury of being able to be without a phone for over a week, it took them 14days to replace a cracked screen!

Its £157 to buy out my contract and £100 for the bloody upgrade

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Even if my phone did have an 'accident' I Dont have the luxury of being able to be without a phone for over a week, it took them 14days to replace a cracked screen!

Its £157 to buy out my contract and £100 for the bloody upgrade
Buy a cheap £30 mobile to tide you over until your contract expires. Early upgrades are a false economy.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cant do that as I cant live without my iphone, as we dont have internet at home, literally EVERYTHING is done/stored on the phone, as sad as it sounds.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Where is your nearest apple store? For £119 apple guarantee to fix or replace! Smash your screen go to apple walk out with a new phone! I've done it twice and they hae literally swapped it straight away not even tried to fix it

I do thi k you have to make an appointment to see an apple genius though

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,488 Posts
Where is your nearest apple store? For £119 apple guarantee to fix or replace! Smash your screen go to apple walk out with a new phone! I've done it twice and they hae literally swapped it straight away not even tried to fix it

I do thi k you have to make an appointment to see an apple genius though
Its people like you that puts up the insurance premiums up so high with fraud

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's a bit rude both I mine were genuine accidents one faulty one was dropped!
It isn't Fraud at all apple provide. Service called apple care it's like an extended warranty! It's also part of the reason why iPhones are so expensive!

Apple replace your product an then yours goes back to china or wherever gets stripped to component level and rebuilt! In no way whatso eer Is this fraud this I taking advantage of an aftercare system the company provides!

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's a bit rude both I mine were genuine accidents one faulty one was dropped!
It isn't Fraud at all apple provide. Service called apple care it's like an extended warranty! It's also part of the reason why iPhones are so expensive!

Apple replace your product an then yours goes back to china or wherever gets stripped to component level and rebuilt! In no way whatso eer Is this fraud this I taking advantage of an aftercare system the company provides!
Yep - nothing to do with insurance, as you pay Apple for them to fix or replace.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,488 Posts

I apoligise but the way i read it you were saying just damage it and get a new one

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep I walked out of an apple shop with a new phone when I dropped mine but as it was within the 12 month guarantee they replaced it for free, that's the other good thing about apple having centres all over the country don't get that with all your other devices android etc apple all the way....

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My nearest apple store is 80 miles away

They replaced mine for free last year when it fell off the roof of the car, he said it was going to cost about £130 to swap it, so I asked if he could do any discount for Armed Forces personnel and whipped out my MOD90, he said he'd see waht he could do, came back 5 minutes later with a new phone and literally just swapped it for free.

this was the apple store in Norwich that did this.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Phones for you, have offered to give me £110 trade in for my iphone4 16gb, £30 cash back meaning I'll only need to pay about £20 to settle my contract.
Providing I do one of the following:

Get the iPhone5 for free on a £41 a month contract.
Pay £100 for the i5 on a 36 a month contract.

Not tried any of the other vendors yet as they were all shut.

Anybody think this is reasonable.... I'm not so sure

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Personally for me, comparing the SGS3, I can get it for free on £26 a month over 24 months. I'd never pay £15 - a month more for an iphone

1 - 20 of 25 Posts