Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Any Issue's With Fitting Different Size Eibach Spacers 15mm On Front 20 Mm On Back.

621 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Boovy 
#1 ·
maybe a daft question,but i'll ask anyway...

would i need to have my tracking done again etc etc?

any advice welcome, cheers

#8 ·
If you get the eibach pro spacers they come with studs attached so you bolt them over your original studs then bolt the wheels to the new studs captive on the spacers. Only issue i believe is that you either need a longer locking wheel nut (McGard 24137's from memory?) or cut a few mm off 1 stud on each wheel so the Ford locking nuts don't bottom out on the stud.

To match your wheels you could always have the edges painted black before you fit them

#9 ·
QUOTE(loko @ 25 Feb 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any idea on price and whats required , i take it you would need longer bolts then, mine are black so i dont know what i would do, always thought the rears seemed to sit a bit narrow on the car so this sounds apealing

As Troy said you can easily paint them black

Before
Wheel Bicycle part Rim Composite material Circle

And obvioulsy after

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Circle Font

Attachments

#11 ·
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 25 Feb 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nope will be ok, but the steering will feel odd, may cause a slight bit more understeer etc. The best ones are 15mm all round, imo the 20mm sit them too far out.

I appreciate your opinion on the 20mm spacers Ads, but i have had my 20mm spacers on now for nearly two years with no problems only improvement (much the same as the 15mm i would imagine. ) At first i thought they where borderline on legality so had them checked at three different mot garages and they all said they where fine.

#14 ·
Any more info on this guys as I am going to get spacers fitted but unsure what size to get?
I to am thinking 15mm front, and 20mm back. Is 15mm max for front?
Anymore opinions on the handling side from members who have 20mm or different than 15mm at back? Does it look a lot better than 15mm at the back or no real difference?
Will the bolts and wheel locking nuts be safe with spacers? If not what else should I buy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.