Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says.

Where do you normally fish, PB etc. My PB is a 25 1/4 lb mirror caught from Fryerning fisheries in essex. Still waiting to break that magic 30 mark, hopefully this year.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is Frant like mate?. Can you night fish there? I work in tonbridge so could be a good place to do a quick overnighter between shifts in the summer months.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Frant is pukka mate they do night fishing also they have a few big lakes 5-7 including members lakes the only thing with frant is its a bit pricey but were ant now a days, its well look after

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Guys live in Suffolk no idea about fishing but my son is studying Fishing management at college so you intersted in fishing in Suffolk area I can ask him. I keep taking him places that are really not suitable for the ST so you best take care .

Chris

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(kevin @ 10 Feb 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Frant is pukka mate they do night fishing also they have a few big lakes 5-7 including members lakes the only thing with frant is its a bit pricey but were ant now a days, its well look after

Might have to give it a try when it warms up a bit

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(Millwall_Paul @ 10 Feb 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Might have to give it a try when it warms up a bit

if your a good fisher man then you will have a good day at Frant,if i remember i pulled out 10-15 carp in a 12 hour session some nice sizes as well .
frant gets really busy at the weekends i use to try and get down there Wednesday's and Thursday's Monday's and Tuesday's are quite cos off the busy weekends

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
I'm a carp fisherman, haven't been that much this year though.

A local lake to me that not many people know of have Grass Carp to just over 23lb
. Not that I've caught one yet, my word their hard to get, in the summer they swim right on the surface just to really annoy the hell out of you

·
Registered
419 Posts
Been into my carp fishing for years. Used to travel all over but tend to stick to local syndicate waters now and do shorter sessions.
Pic of one of my fave fish, apologies for the quality of the pic, and the dodgy clothing...

Plant Shorts Fisherman Watercourse Adaptation

Attachments

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I enjoy a spot of Carp fishing. Started again last year after a break off 10 years. 10 years ago i was fishing every weekend at the famous Yatley complex. The hunt for Heather the Leather was my dream at the time but never happend
. I haven't been for afew weeks as the top of the lakes have gone alittle stiff with all this cold weather

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
QUOTE(Gardener @ 10 Feb 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I enjoy a spot of Carp fishing. Started again last year after a break off 10 years. 10 years ago i was fishing every weekend at the famous Yatley complex. The hunt for Heather the Leather was my dream at the time but never happend
. I haven't been for afew weeks as the top of the lakes have gone alittle stiff with all this cold weather

Was Terry hearn fishing it at that time by any chance? got both his books top angler..

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
i do carp fishing now even though aint been for a while. weathers been poo!!

Use to do alot of match fishing. Was in a team and was sponsored by a fishing shop. Took up carp fishing as ain't got enough time to prepear for match's now with work commitments.

biggest carp caught is 20 1/2LB from a club water. Biggest catch of fish was well over 100lb.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah been doing it for years now.
don't do as much as I used to used to be away most weekends but mainly go for barbel on the river in england and go to France for a week now.
done alright in France PB is 57lb 2oz mirror and I have had a few cats biggest was over 140 lb (bottomed the scales out and it was not all off the floor)
had a rod out for them but caught this on my carp gear 3lb TC rod and 15lb main line and a 25lb flouro carbon hook link.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(SVMark @ 10 Feb 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah been doing it for years now.
don't do as much as I used to used to be away most weekends but mainly go for barbel on the river in england and go to France for a week now.
done alright in France PB is 57lb 2oz mirror and I have had a few cats biggest was over 140 lb (bottomed the scales out and it was not all off the floor)
had a rod out for them but caught this on my carp gear 3lb TC rod and 15lb main line and a 25lb flouro carbon hook link.

wow thats lovely bet that was fun playing how long did she take you to get in, the carp that is

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.