Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
I thought anti-lag was only required on cars with large turbos (Rally spec cars with large turbos
)

The ST turbo is dinky so doesn't really need anti lag.

I stand to be corrected though

·
Registered
374 Posts
I thought anti-lag was only required on cars with large turbos (Rally spec cars with large turbos
)

The ST turbo is dinky so doesn't really need anti lag.

I stand to be corrected though
On a road car....No...its just for fun, if you compete and have something substantial then its useful I guess

·
Registered
374 Posts
was just wondering as my mate has it on his subarau running bhp and it sounds amazing
I had a 1993 wrx-ra running 350bhp, it was mad off the mark. This had an ecu with anti-lag capable, it just needed dialing in...to be honest its a real turbo & engine life shortener so decided that 0-60mph with the set up I had was quick enough, plus a smaller turbo spools much quicker than the big blowers tend to

On the back of that, at the same time I owned the Impreza I also had my first ST, that's was bonkers quick and felt far more capable than my 350-horse Scooby...even with a sprint gearbox....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had it on two cars first was an evo 5 and then a mr2, both where on autronic ecu's. the evo sounded awesome but went thru 3 turbos in 2 years lol, stopped many a car from tailgating me tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts