Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I've read the guide regarding moving the seats forward in a 3 door st2, but I'm till a little
, do you have to slide it all the way forward to gain access to the rear?...I did try and and push just the seat back forward, but it would only goe so far. Am I been totally thick or something!!!!....please someone tell me there's an easy way.

Nige

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
pull the catch & slide the seat forward as far as it will go, then push the seat back as hard as you can towards the steering wheel & it should lock. then when you pull the catch again and slide the seat back it should return to its original position. hope this helps mate.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(nilitara @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks, when you say the catch, is that the one on the top of the seat back?

yes mate. was'nt sure how to phrase it! catch, handle, black thingy!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with mine. I pull the catch on the top of the seat back, then push the seat back towards the steering wheel and it locks into place. Then I can slide the whole seat fully forward towards the steering wheel and allow easy access to the rear seats. However when I pull the catch on the seat back again and slide the seat back it doesn't return to the original driving position, instead going all the way to the back, whereas I would need to have six foot legs to reach the pedals..... Am I doing something wrong..??

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(NobbysNuts @ 1 Feb 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm having a similar problem with mine. I pull the catch on the top of the seat back, then push the seat back towards the steering wheel and it locks into place. Then I can slide the whole seat fully forward towards the steering wheel and allow easy access to the rear seats. However when I pull the catch on the seat back again and slide the seat back it doesn't return to the original driving position, instead going all the way to the back, whereas I would need to have six foot legs to reach the pedals..... Am I doing something wrong..??

try pulling the catch, sliding the seat back while holding the catch & then tilting the back rest to its original position. iirc thats what i do.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Pull the catch, push the seat back down until it locks forward. Now you should be able to slide the seat forwards and backwards without pulling any levers.

To put back to the starting position don't pull the lever, just hold the seat and push it back until it stops. Then pull the lever on top of the seat to bring the seat back back up.

You will find this is your starting position

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
As Simo says, once you've got the seat locked into position (ie, you've pulled the catch and pushed it hard at the steering wheel and it's locked) the seat will then slide forwards and backwards between two points - the back most point will be where the seat was positioned and the front most point will be right next to the steering wheel.

When you have thrown your unhappy taxi fare into the back seat, don't touch the catch, just slide the seat back as far as it will go (which will back to its original position) and then pull the catch to realise the back of the seat. The seat should now back in its original position. Do0n't touch the release latch under the seat as the seat will then "forget" its original position.

Failing that ... throw your passengers in the boot or tell them to walk

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
ill have to give this a go as well the yoinkster and simo method, been wondering for a while, keep getting the whole seat stuck right up a the wheel. i found if you hold the handle all the way through moving it, at least you can slide it back towards the back seats, not sure if this is all the way or back to the orginal position?

im off outside to try now!!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
cheers guys i think you ave it there!!!
this is what i did based on what you said and it worked!
1 pull the catch, move the seat back towards the front of the car (the seat back not whole seat)
2 slide the whole seat forwards
3 slide the whole seat back to the rear of the car
4 when the whole seat is back to its original spot, pull the latch to release the seat back, back to its upright position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts