Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there guys,

My pal has just bought an st he is very pleased with it but there is one problem....... when he moves in his seat, goes round a bend quickly or accelerates his seat sqweaks it sounds like hes got a budgie trapped in the seat

Has anyone on here had this problem or got a remedy for it, its still under warrenty but if its an easy fix he said he wont bother taking it in

cheers guys

·
Registered
783 Posts
Usually a broken weld on the subframe mate....
If the cars over 12 months old, its not worth trying to get it sorted under warranty as they class it as "trim" (stupid i know).
If its the same as other peoples fault, then the chair should also move when you push the sides down or when you corner, prob wont do it if you have it on the lowest setting though...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. Got me some WD40 (i guess any old spray lube will do) and sprayed the rails and all the pivot points. This solved my squeeking.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I hate to put it quite like this but it is a Ford, mine has gradually been getting worse and worse with squeaks and rattles. My passenger seat has recently started squeaking just like you described, i've had a look and i can't see anything wrong. I think it's coming from the join between the back and bottom of the seat rather than underneath but i can't be sure. For all other rattles though there is an excellent post a couple of pages along that shows you how to sort out most of the common ones. Just accelerate hard and the fantastic sound of that engine covers them up just nicely though!! ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts