Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
it is a bit unfair on my part as i already know the result
but i'm not sure if GGR cars have been dynoed before? and if you factor in mountune drag race result the outcome should be interesting

the dyno run at TOTD came about out of the blue as the baseline figure before switch over to much acclaimed ModC so i wasn't expecting any particular figures

what do you think it will have made?

P.S. graph and the actual results will be posted tomorrow

Here we are so far:

Steven: 303bhp
Dave: a lot of torque

Andy: 269bhp and 320lb/ft
Phil: a bit more then 269bhp

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have your sorted out misfire Phil? You should be making a bit more power as well with all the effort you put in!

TOTD have been very reserved with their bhp figures, but they do run in SHOOT_6F mode ... I used to have 263bhp and 360 lb/ft on their RR with Race+ and 15k miles on the clock, a bit short of 271bhp claimed. Now though the car has celebrated its 3 year b'day and has 54k miles on the clock...

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 7 Nov 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have your sorted out misfire Phil? You should be making a bit more power as well with all the effort you put in!

TOTD have been very reserved with their bhp figures, but they do run in SHOOT_6F mode ... I used to have 263bhp and 360 lb/ft on their RR with Race+ and 15k miles on the clock, a bit short of 271bhp claimed. Now though the car has celebrated its 3 year b'day and has 54k miles on the clock...

Mine was 268 bhp and 305 ft/lb at TOTD! Strangely enough though a few weeks later at Superchips it was 285 bhp and 338 ft/lb and a few months before at Surrey Rolling Road it was 285 bhp and 399 ft/lb! At SRR it was the most torque out of all the cars, at Superchips it was only slightly down on the top power and torque car, at TOTD it was about the last in torque and bhp! Very bizzare! More strange perhaps is the fact that its felt exactly as fast at every point since i fitted my mods and still does today! Maybe the oxygen content of the air at TOTD is different due to the amount of hot air present lol!

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 7 Nov 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine was 268 bhp and 305 ft/lb at TOTD! Strangely enough though a few weeks later at Superchips it was 285 bhp and 338 ft/lb and a few months before at Surrey Rolling Road it was 285 bhp and 399 ft/lb! At SRR it was the most torque out of all the cars, at Superchips it was only slightly down on the top power and torque car, at TOTD it was about the last in torque and bhp! Very bizzare! More strange perhaps is the fact that its felt exactly as fast at every point since i fitted my mods and still does today! Maybe the oxygen content of the air at TOTD is different due to the amount of hot air present lol!

You should have made a contribution to the tea school.

Mind you mine made 267 and 310? so maybe i should have too.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
the results are in

300.9hp and 370 lb/ft of torque, slightly less then EVO mountune with 384lb/ft

And the winner is: Steven (waito) .... and Dave (mountune) it is quite a lot of torque indeed, 7lb/ft up on my previous run with Race+

[email protected] said that it is a very happy car and, if i may add, a happy customer too.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
QUOTE(craigybaby @ 8 Nov 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>great results mate

cheers mate

QUOTE(Chris @ 8 Nov 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What version of the GGR map are you now running 2 or something else?

it is bog standard version 2. Alastair claims it is not much different from version 1. He may be right, but version 1 was far from perfect for me in combination with older Ford firmware. It is hard to say what did it, but we installed BUG7 and GGR v2 simultaneously and throttle and power delivery have become super smooth.

QUOTE(Gardener @ 8 Nov 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good result mate

Cheers Ben
Well pleased to be in 300 club

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 8 Nov 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great result Vlad, monster torque. What gear was this run in? why did mine do so bad?

it was in 4th gear mate, which could explain the torque figure, but it is inline with EVO results for the RS an Mountune

Not sure why your's unhappy, may be it wants a new remap once misfire is sorted?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts