Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice find, and another good review. Lol one thing I noticed. It said €35000 or something like that? I take it the exchange rate isnt the usual for euros otherwise they are properly getting ripped off lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice find, and another good review. Lol one thing I noticed. It said €35000 or something like that? I take it the exchange rate isnt the usual for euros otherwise they are properly getting ripped off lol
Vehicle registration tax. It's illegal but raises more revenue than the EU fines...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Oh right. So anyone is r.o.i get ripped off when buying any car?
Exactly. If you import a used car from UK, they also impose the tax ("registration charge"). Not on the sale price, but on the Perceived price in R.O.I....which as a result of VRT, is much higher in the first place.

I've lived here for 8 years since finishing at Uni Southampton, and could never afford to run my ST in ROI.
And don't get me started on Super Unleaded (it doesn't exist!)

That said, my trips home are the highlight of my summer - I take in lots of the Rally Ireland routes which are near home, amazing, amazing roads, no speed cameras - just need to watch out for Stray Sheep!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Exactly. If you import a used car from UK, they also impose the tax ("registration charge"). Not on the sale price, but on the Perceived price in R.O.I....which as a result of VRT, is much higher in the first place.

I've lived here for 8 years since finishing at Uni Southampton, and could never afford to run my ST in ROI.
And don't get me started on Super Unleaded (it doesn't exist!)

That said, my trips home are the highlight of my summer - I take in lots of the Rally Ireland routes which are near home, amazing, amazing roads, no speed cameras - just need to watch out for Stray Sheep!
Yea I've seen some of them Irish rally's and some of them roads look awesome. Bonus there's no speed cameras but not so good about the sheep. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts