Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i polish my car as often as necessary but have noticed on the trim that runs down the side of the doors in the middle that in sunny weather there is white lines above and below the trim, ive tried giving the car a good wash but they just re-appear, i dont want to use a file or anything as im scared ill scratch the paint, anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this as it is really bugging me lol.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
i polish my car as often as necessary but have noticed on the trim that runs down the side of the doors in the middle that in sunny weather there is white lines above and below the trim, ive tried giving the car a good wash but they just re-appear, i dont want to use a file or anything as im scared ill scratch the paint, anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this as it is really bugging me lol.
Try a cotton bud!

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Microfibre cloth and push in with your nail/finger. If that dosent work spray a bit of IPA (if you don't have that glass cleaner) on the cloth and try again. If that dosen't work repeat with a glue & tar remover like Tardis. That will work!

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
A friend of mine recommended the old cotton bud too ................ can't go wrong! What's a box of a million of the things, like 99p or so these days.

Being a brand snob I use Johnson ones

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine recommended the old cotton bud too ................ can't go wrong! What's a box of a million of the things, like 99p or so these days.

Being a brand snob I use Johnson ones
Thats pretty snobby lol thanks will try the cotton bud thing im assuming it needs to be wet to remove the polish? as the polish is old and dried up

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
The Jonhson ones are so posh you get cotton both ends. Try it dry first, if that doesn't work lick the other end and give it another go

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Jonhson ones are so posh you get cotton both ends. Try it dry first, if that doesn't work lick the other end and give it another go
just been into the bathroom and the missus caught me rumaging, (we have johnsons ones too) she wasnt pleased when she realised i wasnt using them for my ears
, think her exact words were "you and the F***ing car!) haha

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Get some fresh polish and polish the area concerned but before it dries wipe with a medium or deep microfiber cloth, if that doe snto sort it do it again but with a soft tooth brush (for babies)

I have to do this to get rid of the lines around the amourfend, trim edges etc as cotton buds etc are not 'sharp' enough unless you put a lot of pressure on and then you risk the stick part touching/scratching the paint

·
Registered
577 Posts
An old toothbrush.

If you've stained plastic trim, rub Autoglym Bumper Care into the plastic/rubber with a sponge (e.g. a washing up sponge).

·
Registered
583 Posts
An old toothbrush.

If you've stained plastic trim, rub Autoglym Bumper Care into the plastic/rubber with a sponge (e.g. a washing up sponge).
Nah if you have it on the trim rub smooth peanut butter into it (any brand aslong as smooth) buff it on then off and it will bring it up like new and remove any polish and or wax remaining

·
Registered
61 Posts
just been into the bathroom and the missus caught me rumaging, (we have johnsons ones too) she wasnt pleased when she realised i wasnt using them for my ears
, think her exact words were "you and the F***ing car!) haha
Now, where have I heard that before!!!!!!!!! The best one was when i said I was fitting a rear view camera, there was a "use the mirrior like everybody else".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts