Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an idea
, don't know if it's feasible but here goes. When your in a specific part of the forums, for example the "off topic discussion", when you place the cursor over one of the many threads in the list you get to see a highlight of the opening post in a pop up box which I find quite handy at times.

But when your "viewing new posts" you get to see the list of various threads in there different sections on the forum but there's no highlight thingy available, is this possible to do? I find that I'm reading opening posts in threads just to find out that I've either no interest or have nothing to contribute.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 10 Nov 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had an idea
, don't know if it's feasible but here goes. When your in a specific part of the forums, for example the "off topic discussion", when you place the cursor over one of the many threads in the list you get to see a highlight of the opening post in a pop up box which I find quite handy at times.

But when your "viewing new posts" you get to see the list of various threads in there different sections on the forum but there's no highlight thingy available, is this possible to do? I find that I'm reading opening posts in threads just to find out that I've either no interest or have nothing to contribute.

Agreed - this would be VERY useful.

The "pop-up box" also doesn't work in a list of search results. i.e. if I do a search on something and get a whole list of results, hovering over the threads doesn't produce the "pop-up box".

Having this available when trying to trawl through the search results would be great!!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to do.

You have to understand that the vast majority of the forum settings are set by the software provider. Yes, we can tinker with bits and bobs but there are limits to what can be done.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,449 Posts
Pretty sure this has been investigated before and it was concluded that it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Not on the current software version - I believe it is obsolete in the next software version as it uses a more 'rss' style feel for reading 'New' Material

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Marc @ 11 Nov 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not on the current software version - I believe it is obsolete in the next software version as it uses a more 'rss' style feel for reading 'New' Material

It does as one of the forums I use has that new version. Shame really as im not hugely keen on it.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 11 Nov 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It does as one of the forums I use has that new version. Shame really as im not hugely keen on it.

Remember all our Software is custom written Si for Fordstoc Network. So anything which appears on another site / Network may not be backwards compatible with features of ours.

We will endevour to have it in the brief for the developers, but it appears obsolete in the new software as the 'view new posts' disappears and is replaced by 'view New content' in an RSS Style fashion, and is far more advanced (Especially for Smartphone users etc).

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Marc @ 11 Nov 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Remember all our Software is custom written Si for Fordstoc Network. So anything which appears on another site / Network may not be backwards compatible with features of ours.

We will endevour to have it in the brief for the developers, but it appears obsolete in the new software as the 'view new posts' disappears and is replaced by 'view New content' in an RSS Style fashion, and is far more advanced (Especially for Smartphone users etc).

Sorry I meant it doesnt happen with the new software, I meant it does have a more RSS feel. It is also as you say far easier to use on my BB than it used to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts