Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fit my amp over this weekend.. Fitting to my standard sony unit.

Could i possibly join the remote cable to one of the rear speaker cables? So basically when the speaker comes on then the amp will.. Or would that not work?

Any other ideas for remote cable without having to take out the sony unit? Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be sensible to install a on/off seitch for the amp? Or shall i take the bother and open up the unit and find the unit live cable? Just sounds too much hassle

·
Registered
786 Posts
I did this at the weekend there and it is really easy to remove the stereo etc

What I have done for the remote wire though is take a feed from the battery + and run that to a switch in the dash and then back to the amp remote terminal so I can turn the amp on/off whenever I want. Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Any amp worth its weight will need to take a fused live from the battery and the cable needs to be of the correct rating. Put the fuse as close to the battery as possible. The remote live to fire the amp can be taken from the head unit, so that when the head unit is turned on the amp takes it power scource from the battery. Any wires passing through the bulkhead need a good quality grommet to make sure they do not earth.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Nick. I bought the 4000w wiring kit for the amp from the same company which was recommended for the amp.. very high quality wires, the wires literally have just arrived along with the headunit removal keys.. Gonna begin shortly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts