Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody looked into changing the colour of the ambient lighting? Can the bulbs be replaced? How do we get to them?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I found it the other day, it's the mk3 equivalent of submarine lighting. If you go through your options on the main display (not radio) under lighting you should find the mood lighting. Just for that extra little something when dark lol. If I get to my lighting before you i'll let you know how I get on.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean the little reddish orange lights in front of the cubby hole in front of the mirror?

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just found out that retrofitting the colour changing ambient lighting means replacing all of the LEDs and all of the wiring as well as buying and fitting the controls. Essentially the static red LEDs are single LEDs with two wires, power and earth. The colour changing LEDs have 3 LEDs and a microcontroller and wires for power, earth and data. So retrofitting this system would be a bit of a mare!

So I'm going to look into replacing just the LEDs - just need to work out how to get to them all!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've just found out that retrofitting the colour changing ambient lighting means replacing all of the LEDs and all of the wiring as well as buying and fitting the controls. Essentially the static red LEDs are single LEDs with two wires, power and earth. The colour changing LEDs have 3 LEDs and a microcontroller and wires for power, earth and data. So retrofitting this system would be a bit of a mare!

So I'm going to look into replacing just the LEDs - just need to work out how to get to them all!
What colour ? blue would look gd

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I was thinking blue to match my scuff plates and the other interior lights. I think finding a matching colour could be tricky though. I'm still going to look into the retrofit - my next quest is to find out if the relevant connectors exist in the loom or not and how much the relevant bits cost, but I think the cost is going to be the killer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts