Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
MK3.5 ST-2 (Frozen White)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

In the process of replacing my doors sills and footwell lighting as some work, some don’t and its got me thinking about the lights in the door (above the handle and in the pockets). I’m changing all the lights to white to match the car and just wondered if anyone has changed/upgraded the door lights as my passenger door pocket doesn’t work but the handles do.

Any thoughts??

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
They're all LEDs and to change them you need to do some soldering, if you've done the footwell ones then I'm sure you know this. Remember that they are red for a reason, because they're visible from the rear of the car with the doors open and technically you're not allowed to have white showing from the rear of the car unless it's a reversing light.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspected this however the footwell ones weren’t soldered in, they just plug in.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
I suspected this however the footwell ones weren’t soldered in, they just plug in.
That's interesting - I never fettled with them myself but was always under the impression that they were LEDs soldered to a piece of PCB from what others have said on here. It may be then that the others are the same and just as easy to replace, but you still need to bear in mind the colour issue.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,588 Posts
I thought you could choose the colour on facelift cars, or is that just the ST3?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
In that case, wouldn’t it be easier to retrofit the st3 system?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
They get that on their cars, yet they can’t have power fold mirrors, don’t get that at all.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
Changing single colour lighting to multi-colour is very expensive - you need all new multi-colour LED PCB's, modules to control them, main module that sits above the rear view mirror I believe and SYNC needs programming for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts