Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
just got in from washing my car, soo needed doing, felt sorry for her sitting out there all week covered in salt, had to jet wash the ice off, then after i washed her gave her a good rinse with the jet wash again, went indoors to get some hot water to leather her off, came out and it was frozen again
. Please tell me i'm not the only mad st owner who has washed there car in these freezin conditions

Pete

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I've done it in the past where Ive had to boil the kettle and pour it over the hosepipe reel to de-ice it. Maybe not a good omen for the year but I've left mine grubby this weekend cos it's hardly been used over the last week and I didn't want to leave a massive puddle round it then fall on my
in the morning when it's all frozen

·
Registered
379 Posts
i think all car nuts have been there! on a previous car i been there trying to dry it with a microfibre but instead just dragging the ice about! Ive learnt if ur gunna clean a car in freezing temps, it has to be in the sun, if its in shade its just gunna freeze up.

You got the best colour

(PS. your mad when you end up quick detailing it in torch light in the dark...
)

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 3 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Once you buy the
and join the site you become mad, so washing in freezing weather is just normal

I could'nt have put it better! I't was 2 degrees when i put my hosepipe out to wash the beast yesterday!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've washed in -5 (today - thank god for a hot tap in the garage), falling snow (last week), torrential rain and via headtorch when it gets dark early. Always get strange looks from the neighbours in any event, but recently I think their expecting me to start licking the windows clean!

Detritus.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tried washing mine today the water was turning into ice within minutes of being on the car, i actually had to stop half way a give up!!
. Cleaning up after was pretty fun as the driveway became an ice rink and i was all over the place. Had to turn the car on and warm the inside up so the ice would melt off the windows so i could at least clean them properly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.