Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
quick Q i have changed my alternator and when i start the car u can hear the belt wineing for about a minute then it stops and its fine have been told the belt is to lose how do i tighten it??

thanks

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have had this with my car for well over a year now, it got to the point a couple of weeks ago that the belt was squealing all the time. I have just changed the belts and it has solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
id like to know this too, how hard is it to change the alternator belt and anyone got a rough discription of how to do it please?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 8 Feb 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi all
quick Q i have changed my alternator and when i start the car u can hear the belt wineing for about a minute then it stops and its fine have been told the belt is to lose how do i tighten it??

thanks
should settel down and if not, is it a cheap belt coz they seem to do it alot

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I don't have the part numbers for the belts to hand but iirc I paid around £20 for the two belts. It is very straight forward to change them all you need is a T50 torex socket to releas the tension on the tensioner. The AC belt tensioner needs to be turned anti clockwise and the alternator belt tensioner needs to be turned clockwise to release the tension so you can get the belts off. I found that it was a lot easier to get at the belts through the drivers side wheel arch so you would have to remove the wheel arch liner, this requires a T30 torex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts