Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got a small scuff on the outer edge of my alloy wheel. It's only around 2-3 inches long and isn't worth really getting it refurbished as the wheel may come back a different colour altogether. I've been told that Ford and Ronal (the maker of the alloy wheel) don't release the paint finish so it can't be copied.

Has anyone bought a touch up pencil and if so what colour seems to match best with the alloy colour.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
379 Posts
just leave it, it will look better than a bodged repair even if it does annoy you for a few weeks!

I done the same thing when i had a brand new fez ST, had it 400 miles and kurbed an alloy - annoyed me for ages but i learnt to live with it, and actually done the same wheel again a few months later!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
dont bother with torquesteers repair kits its not a good match at all ,perfect colour match is ROVER SPARKLE SILVER METALLIC code MNH but you will need this mixed up as its a two part paint ie base coat then clear laquer ,some paint shops may well do this for you in a can nowdays if you wanta small amount .
ive done quite a few focus st wheels now with this and the match is spot on i can assure you .

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got a small bottle of Rover Silver Sparkle touch up paint which is a near perfect match. If you PM me with your address I'll send it you. Just had my alloys refurbed in gunmetal so don't need it anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts