Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Alloy Charge Pipe??

357 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  troy45 
#1 ·
Hey Guys..

Im thinking of getting the Pumaspeed Alloy charge pipe that fits between the Intercooler and Throttle body.

Its looking like its made by Pro-Alloy anyway and looks a good bit of Kit, Thing is, Do they flow the air better into the inlet or even keep the boost air cooler compared to the original plastic pipe??

I'm liking the idea of the 2 seperate Silicon pipes making removal a bit easier with the Uprated intercooler!!

Has anyone fitted this Pipe and noticed any difference at all??

Cheers - Phil

#3 ·
QUOTE(v8sam @ 15 Dec 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I fitted one to my st the same time as the intercooler from pro alloy it would be hard to judge how much of a difference it would have made on it own

it is better than the plastic one and well made.

I think im gonna give it a go Mate, Cant really go wrong with it i guess? Was you given a choice of hose colour??

Will snap one up i reckon when i get the Dreamscience cais and fit them at the same time...

Cheers - Phil

#7 ·
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 17 Dec 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are an absolute pain to fit. I had to remove mine because the hose kept popping off. I fitted the samco one and does exactly the same job.
That's what I was wondering, done loads of work in the engine bay and underneath on my ST and still not seen what it looks like properly. AC pipes in the way and all sorts.

Seems to be in a twilight zone lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.