Ford Focus ST Forum banner

All Mods Now On

388 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Thunder#59 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So today i got all remaining mods fitted (not all that easily lol)

eibachs
radtec IC
DS cias

added to the mods done last month

PDUK downpipe and s/cat
DS duo

Did this with a mechanic friend of mine (i just held the spanners lol)

IC wasnt all that bad a job with the help of pumabuild's fitting guide

cias caused no end of trouble tbh (no bad vibes intended at DS here...just saying what happened)....

- firstly the instructions showed subtle differences of the standard airbox etc, to what was under my bonnet (as my cias was second hand..maybe i have the wrong kit for my car?)

- the induction pipe when fitted rubbed on the ECU, so by moving the ECU back using a bracket all was ok

- next problem was the wiring lume to the ECU was restricting the reverse gear selector (due to moving it)...but a cable tie and a wish and a prayer deleted the problem!!

- lastly (the most annoying hicup) the induction pipe vibrated against the anti-roll bar when i accelerated..with this we bodged some rubber between the two for now, as it was getting late...will sort out some hose around the bar after the weekend

Anyone else encountered these problems? or did we do it wrong?

springs went on nice and look low

so ive filled up with super unleaded..gone home...loaded up modB....and have to wait to drive it till the morning as i got baby sitting duties tonight

i bought on ebay a standard turbo...a mate of mine specializes in heavilly modding cars (mainly cosworths), and he is going to re build it for me using new componants.....but i got to wait for this one as he is busy...and im out of cash right now

so all is left to do is a big thanks to members..

si1664 (hope all is well mate)
outlaw
AC555

for the parts you sold me...and the patience you all displayed with my constant questions

and thanks to everyone here who has offered great advice in the threads i posted

See less See more
#4 ·
it is going pretty well yes

esp kicking in on a straight road in the dry!!!

better get rid of the contisport tyres i think

not sure wether to update to modC...or wait for the turbo to get re worked, and use turboA on the duo

if i update to madC i will lose turboA

decisions decisions

#7 ·
QUOTE(newtoallofthis @ 5 Nov 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>- lastly (the most annoying hicup) the induction pipe vibrated against the anti-roll bar when i accelerated..with this we bodged some rubber between the two for now, as it was getting late...will sort out some hose around the bar after the weekend

Anyone else encountered these problems? or did we do it wrong?

Ive got that problem sounds like a good fix i may have to do the same thing.

QUOTE(newtoallofthis @ 6 Nov 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it is going pretty well yes

esp kicking in on a straight road in the dry!!!

better get rid of the contisport tyres i think

not sure wether to update to modC...or wait for the turbo to get re worked, and use turboA on the duo

if i update to madC i will lose turboA

decisions decisions

Mod C is awesome you'll love it, i like how you called it Mad C. That sounds about right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.