Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
... should be remembered. How about finding an empty jar, then every time something good happens to you during 2013 write it on a small piece of paper, fold it up and put it in the jar. Then on New Years Eve 2013 open the jar and look back on all the good things that have happened to you

I also keep a memory tin - every time I go to a concert, exhibition, etc I keep the ticket stubs and put them in a tin. Or something else that will remind me of the good time I had.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Just think though, how gutted would you be if, come new year, said jar merely had a rather thick layer of dust....

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Wouldn't seeing the jar there empty spur you into doing something to put in it? I often hear people saying what a rubbish year they've had and how nothing good ever happens to them. I don't believe, no matter how many bad things happen, that you can get through a year without something good happening. The odds are against you.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
... should be remembered. How about finding an empty jar, then every time something good happens to you during 2013 write it on a small piece of paper, fold it up and put it in the jar. Then on New Years Eve 2013 open the jar and look back on all the good things that have happened to you

I also keep a memory tin - every time I go to a concert, exhibition, etc I keep the ticket stubs and put them in a tin. Or something else that will remind me of the good time I had.
Bit deep that sean.........life is what you make it

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Bit deep that sean.........life is what you make it
I just think that too many people focus on the negative, and for a large part of this year and the year before so did I when I suffered from depression and pretty much hit rock bottom. One of the things you learn through counselling and CBT is how to flip the coin and focus on the positive things that happen, always looking forward to the next positive thing and not reflecting on negative things in the past (they call this ruminating) but rather remembering the good things and keeping your life in perspective. This is one of the methods I will be using to do that and just thought I'd share it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I just think that too many people focus on the negative, and for a large part of this year and the year before so did I when I suffered from depression and pretty much hit rock bottom. One of the things you learn through counselling and CBT is how to flip the coin and focus on the positive things that happen, always looking forward to the next positive thing and not reflecting on negative things in the past (they call this ruminating) but rather remembering the good things and keeping your life in perspective. This is one of the methods I will be using to do that and just thought I'd share it.
You are right people always focus on the negative...and how bad things are and rather than turn them around they let it get worse and let it get them down....Luckily i arent like that...

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right people always focus on the negative...and how bad things are and rather than turn them around they let it get worse and let it get them down....Luckily i arent like that...
Some people can't help it - like me when I was in what my partner called my 'dark place'. But I sought help and now I'm a much more positive person, I expect there are others who need to ask for help but won't for whatever reason. Negativity isn't always a conscious choice, but more often than not it's just people generally whinging about the bad things in their life. The world would be a much happier place if we all held on to the positive and discarded the negative.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think it's quite a good idea, although I note things down on my iphone notes. Mainly quotes. And I keep concert/ticket stubbs too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts