Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've seen mixed reviews, so I rented it. I've played online a bit (though got seriously embarassed), and have done a few of The Predator missions. It seems decent, though Predator in story mode is rather more vulnerable than he was in the films, and the controls do take a bit of getting used to.

I'm not sure how long it'd hold your interest, though multiplayer is a good laugh.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Just ordered my copy for the PC, can't wait
. Huge fan of the films and played the first game to death many years ago now!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've finished the Alien and Predator campaigns now. Both are quite short, about three or four hours on Normal difficulty, though they were good fun. Multiplayer is definitely going to be where the longevity comes from.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(focus149 @ 21 Feb 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Download the demo , I've played the muliplayer demo but can't decide whether to get this or Dantes inferno

We downloaded the Dantes Inferno and didnt think much of it but then everyones different, i should get it in the post tomorrow as posted sat

Simianwonder - Have you completed it already?!?!?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I played the multiplayer demo, thaught it was great! Still unsure weather to buy the full game or just rent it though

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE(Davew88 @ 22 Feb 2010, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I played the multiplayer demo, thaught it was great! Still unsure weather to buy the full game or just rent it though

I've got it on the 360 and really like it... imo if you rent it you won't really have time to get to grips with the on line stuff very well and demo doesnt do it justice. The alien can walk on walls and upside down for example so it takes time to get used to it
Predators can see in 3 different ways and jump all over the place, again takes time to master this....

I'd say if you can play on line then buy it... I have not finished solo player but started all 3 species its very good, but agree it looks short, anyway then I played on line and it is again very fast and fun, in fact it's great in Deathmatch, also has a mode similar to Gears of War hoard which is good fun, wave after wave of aliens... If you like the films and creatures in general etc then you should buy it just to play with a pulse rifle really!! Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(alanandnicky @ 21 Feb 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We downloaded the Dantes Inferno and didnt think much of it but then everyones different, i should get it in the post tomorrow as posted sat

Simianwonder - Have you completed it already?!?!?

dantes inferno is like ninja gaiden and i really like those so think im going to get both

·
Registered
661 Posts
For what it's worth, the game seems to look better on the 360 than on PS3 as well. I tried the demo on 360, yet rented the PS3 game and the Xbox version is a touch sharper and smoother.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received me game on Monday yeah its good it takes a bit of getting used to the controls like someone mentioned, but no nowhere near any good as COD. Who's getting that Heavy Rain out on friday?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts