Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
had many sports cars and many alarm has anyone added a alarm onto theres? I normally go for Clifford is this really needed ?
Thanks

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
The Mk3 comes with an alarm package (Thatcham rated) as standard.
Were you planning to add to the functionality?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think the only thing it's missing is a tilt sensor. It's a thatcham cat 1 I think that comes standard

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yer I know use to like the warn away on the Cliffords and there not a lot to stop the wheels being nicked on a standard, maybe over concerned . O and the black jax was a very nice function

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I got a Tracker Monitor fitted to mine, which has a motion sensor so it fills the gap

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yer I know use to like the warn away on the Cliffords and there not a lot to stop the wheels being nicked on a standard, maybe over concerned . O and the black jax was a very nice function
I've had 2 Clifford's , 1 on an st fiesta had that fitted after someone knocked the body trim/skirt thingy that runs along the car
And 1 on the 55 plate focus st I had , just because of the warn away

Good alarms

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting another clifford on the new one. loved the proxy sensor warn away and blackjax is fantastic.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I contacted Clifford prior to getting mine ,with the View of getting another 650 concept fitted , they told me couldn't have that model because of the canbus on it and suggested another model that was more expensive.

Was the MK 2 st not canbus then ??

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I contacted Clifford prior to getting mine ,with the View of getting another 650 concept fitted , they told me couldn't have that model because of the canbus on it and suggested another model that was more expensive.

Was the MK 2 st not canbus then ??
never had one on my last focus. but had one on my old fiesta ST500

what version did this suggest?

·
Registered
535 Posts
never had one on my last focus. but had one on my old fiesta ST500

what version did this suggest?
I can't remember now but it didn't sound as good tho

As Martin said the MK 2 is canbus so I don't see any reason then that the 650 that I had before wouldn't work on the mk3
Not sure what he was going on about then , proberbly trying to sell a dearer unit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts