Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of help please, the button next to the door handle inside the drivers door I presume turns off the alarm interior sensors, am I right?
But how do you know if you've turned them on or off, can't see obvious indication as to whether its switched on or off. And finally what is is there for, when would you turn them off?
Cheers....

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
You would want to deactivate interior alarm if you wanted to lock the doors but had left your dog in the car. The dog's movement would set off alarm.

Prior to closing door press button and it will beep. When you reopen door deactivation is cancelled out. Therefore, you need to press button every time you wish to deactivate interior sensor.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Another newbie question for you guys! What is the little button next to the drivers side interior door handle for? It's a picture of the car with a sort of alarm beem type thing in it?

Hang on a minute! is it for the submerine light that is on at night? pressed it today to see what it did and nothing seemed to happen, but it was light.

Thanks again, Steve.

·
Registered
315 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 18 Feb 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Turns the interior motion sensor off, useful if you need to lock the car & the dog wont sit still!

nice one! Funilly enough ive got 2 dogs and used to let them on the back seats of my old ST170 but cant bring myself to let them on the seats of the
. I have had them in the boot with the parcel shelf removed, even then i lifted them in and out one at a time

thanks for clearing that one up, Steve.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep its to turn the interio sensors off. when i fill up with fuel and the mrs is in the car i press it and fill up then lock the car and say if she moves the alarm will go off and everyone will stare at her hahahaha you should see how still she stays lol....

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 18 Feb 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep its to turn the interio sensors off. when i fill up with fuel and the mrs is in the car i press it and fill up then lock the car and say if she moves the alarm will go off and everyone will stare at her hahahaha you should see how still she stays lol....

LMAO what a great idea! Might have to try that game.

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTEQUOTE(gray @ 18 Feb 2010, 05:01 PM) yep its to turn the interio sensors off. when i fill up with fuel and the mrs is in the car i press it and fill up then lock the car and say if she moves the alarm will go off and everyone will stare at her hahahaha you should see how still she stays lol....

for that man!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
haha nice, does the switch light up or something on the dash to know its disabled, and is it enabled by default everytime you lock the car?

·
Registered
315 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 18 Feb 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep its to turn the interio sensors off. when i fill up with fuel and the mrs is in the car i press it and fill up then lock the car and say if she moves the alarm will go off and everyone will stare at her hahahaha you should see how still she stays lol....

Thats a good one, might try that myself

·
Registered
28 Posts

Now that sounds like something i should....i mean shouldn't try

·
Registered
315 Posts
Actually whilst i'm thinking about it, my old ST170 was a 5 door and if i pressed the alarm once the sensors didn't work but if i pressed it twice they did. My
is a 3 door and i still (from habit) press it twice to lock and twice to open, do i need to do this or is once all it needs?

·
Registered
150 Posts
as above, ignition off press button, car beeps and display says something like 'sensors deactivated' and the little orange light comes on. doesnt work if ignition is on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts