Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got up this morning drove to work and then all day I've spent turning my alarm off, it's a Clifford alarm but keeps going off for no reason? Any ideas?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the car with the Clifford alarm on it so I assume it doesn't use the orignal st alarm? Ill have a check and see what's happening, I've got it home and it still goes off after a while. It usually just buzzes when anyone goes near it as it has proximity sensors but the alarm is properly going off now which is strange. Could it be battery? It's been fine up until today

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
Some alarms are very sensitive to air movement inside the car so I've known alarms needing to have the interior air vents to be turned off to stop false alarms.

False alarms can be a can of worms though. If you can establish a pattern or timescale it might help, but if it is totally random it is almost impossible to pin them down.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
that sounds like internal sensors? arent they deactivated for an hour at a time? or is that just from the button on drivers door?

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
Seems to be every hour or so, it's driving me crazy haha
Would this be the same time that the dashboard display switches off? Some alarms monitor the current use and will activate on any changes both up and down. Way back I had a Clifford alarm that did this and I took advantage of it by when I was towing anything, if I stopped for a coffee I used to leave the sidelights on. If someone overcame the towbar security and unplugged the electrical plug the alarm detected the change in the electrical status and would go off.

The dash display is a very low drain though and you would think that it would not have any effect, but the timing does make it a possibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts