Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Never used an ST Airtech one but if the later version the quality should be ok! We used a Radtech for over 5 years with no problems at all! The Radtech is huge! We changed to the Airtech RS big pipe intercooler when the JAM-Sport conversion was done though!

Radtech versus standard!
Rectangle Grille Automotive exterior Gas Nickel Gas Auto part Grille Composite material Nickel

Same Radtech 5 years later!
Grille Automotive radiator part Rectangle Automotive exterior Mesh Grille Rectangle Plant Wood Mesh

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Been done to death but I have an airtec only as I picked it up cheap second hand as I was saving for a pro alloy.

Just as well I did go for the airtec as have money for other things now but even with a slandered map the car feels different.

Jonny.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Radtec claim - Standard intercooler entry temp 145-146 degrees exit temp 60 degrees. Radtec intercooler entry temp 145-146 degrees exit temp 16 degrees

Airtec Claim - :148 degree's Inlet Temperture 30 degree's Outlet Temperture

You can buy the Radtec direct from Radtec for £330 - 01543 502525 but they charge £20odd for postage.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, i have searched but either me or the search is useless. or im not looking for the right things. thanks guys. looks like Radtec is the better one then......i could pick it up as i work 2 mins from the factory.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Radtec claim - Standard intercooler entry temp 145-146 degrees exit temp 60 degrees. Radtec intercooler entry temp 145-146 degrees exit temp 16 degrees

Airtec Claim - :148 degree's Inlet Temperture 30 degree's Outlet Temperture

You can buy the Radtec direct from Radtec for £330 - 01543 502525 but they charge £20odd for postage.
Yeah they CLAIM

I've fitted both and driven ST's with both and believe me there is no difference

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Is there a noticeable differences when driving. Probably not.

Does the radtec cool temps slightly more? Yes.

When I bought my radtec I asked Gary which I should get, airtec or radtec. He said the radtec as its the better piece of kit.

And before people say well of course he'd say that it's the more expensive one, Gary knew I'd be buying an airtec from him and the radtec from pumabuild.

Edit: stingy I'm disappointed pal. You've forgotten to post something......

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Is there a noticeable differences when driving. Probably not.

Does the radtec cool temps slightly more? Yes.

When I bought my radtec I asked Gary which I should get, airtec or radtec. He said the radtec as its the better piece of kit.

And before people say well of course he'd say that it's the more expensive one, Gary knew I'd be buying an airtec from him and the radtec from pumabuild.

Edit: stingy I'm disappointed pal. You've forgotten to post something......
you bought the wrong one!

Spec-R is the one to have.
I was trying to stay away from posting the 'pic' Alex

Should I post the thread where the Airtec out performed the Radtec at Pumabuild in a back to back test?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts