Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into upgrading my intercooler, ds, forge and so on are mega bucks. but airtec is much cheaper and claim to be as good if not better than most. does any1 rate them? ta, luke

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yep, very much so!
IMO it's not worth paying the extra for Forge, DS etc when Airtec Gen3 does the same job for half the price.
Only if you're doing 100's of trackdays in hot weather would I get one of the more expensive I/Cs.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, very much so!
IMO it's not worth paying the extra for Forge, DS etc when Airtec Gen3 does the same job for half the price.
Only if you're doing 100's of trackdays in hot weather would I get one of the more expensive I/Cs.
excellent, cheers for that, ill order it first thing in that case. luke

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stupid question probably... Are the after market intercoolers an easy DIY fit or do they need to be taken to a garage to do it ?

I plan on spending some cash coming up to summer on a Dreamscience CAI and the Airtec intercooler and id like to do them myself with a friend who works on cars alot.

Cheers and sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Stupid question probably... Are the after market intercoolers an easy DIY fit or do they need to be taken to a garage to do it ?

I plan on spending some cash coming up to summer on a Dreamscience CAI and the Airtec intercooler and id like to do them myself with a friend who works on cars alot.

Cheers and sorry for the hijack
couple of axle stands, couple of star sockets (or whatever they are called) for the undertray screws, a couple of sockets, a bit of time (45mins) and bobs your uncle.
I can say this now with a lot of thanks to a fellow member who helped in fitting mine ... they know who they are

·
Registered
61 Posts
couple of axle stands, couple of star sockets (or whatever they are called) for the undertray screws, a couple of sockets, a bit of time (45mins) and bobs your uncle.
I can say this now with a lot of thanks to a fellow member who helped in fitting mine ... they know who they are
Excellent.. As my friend said, the hardest thing will be getting the jack underneath the front, im on eibachs :|

Roll on the summer

·
Registered
576 Posts
Firstly it's a great bit of kit! I'm delighted with mine.

Secondly I'd say you'd be better advised to get someone to help as it's quite a heavy bit of kit so having someone to hold it while you locate the bolts will be a good idea.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Firstly it's a great bit of kit! I'm delighted with mine.

Secondly I'd say you'd be better advised to get someone to help as it's quite a heavy bit of kit so having someone to hold it while you locate the bolts will be a good idea.
+1 to the help. Not easy to manuovure it into place, hold it there and attach it whilst on your back under the car.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think it is where most of us bought ours from
although some of us were lucky with their group buy from last year.

Good thinking that man...!

Yeah all we need is a nice warm day i think and we'll be sorted

Cheers for the input guys
No worries - that is what we are here for

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've not bought one yet but when i e-mailed A S in Jan and mentioned being an STOC member they said it would be £269 delivered !

Reminds me that i need to sort it out !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts