Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Now, this could well just be me being picky, but I'd like to ask it, just in case there's anything sinister going on. The air vents that are directly under the windscreen sound like they are on when I'm driving, even when they are set to off. If you put your hand over it you can feel air coming through, and the noise disappears when stopped.

I assumed at first it was normal, maybe just wind noise, but now I'm not so sure. There doesn't seem to be any loss in boost pressure. It's not massively noisy, but it's annoying, and I'd rather it didn't do it!!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Air always comes through the vents naturally, your fans just speed it up. There's about zilch you can do to stop it apart from pointing it somewhere else

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,226 Posts
Any suggestions?
Can't say this has been an issue for me.

Have you tried setting the air re-circulating to on? This shuts off the exterior air intake and just re-circulates the air in the car IF the fan is on. It is meant to be used for instance in heavy trafic if the ventilation system is picking up exhaust fumes. With no fan on there will be no air moving around in the car.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't say this has been an issue for me.

Have you tried setting the air re-circulating to on? This shuts off the exterior air intake and just re-circulates the air in the car IF the fan is on. It is meant to be used for instance in heavy trafic if the ventilation system is picking up exhaust fumes. With no fan on there will be no air moving around in the car.
Yes I tried that, no different. With no loss in boost pressure, and no performance issues whatsoever I'm beginning to think it could be the windscreen seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts