Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The amount of times I've had to look away because some idiot has fitted HIDs onto a car without projectors. I'm really glad my rear windows are tinted too as it really masks the glare on my rear view mirror.

They are illegal, looks
and I'm sure are nowhere near as bright as if you had a decent set of halogens.

rant over.

·
Registered
253 Posts
they are brighter than good halogens, but yes i agree look
my mate had them in his fez st looked
and glared with the beam pattern all over the place your find most chavs and boy racer wannabes ragging a 1.1 heap have them. i fitted them into my old laguna BUT didnt glare as renault use the same headlight casing for there own xenons, i then went and retrofitted xenons anyway as they are better lights lol.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I thank God for the auto dimming rear view mirror....I totally agree with you. If the manufacturer doesn't use the same reflector housing in their OEM HIDs then you shouldn't be allowed to retrofit them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have to admit I had them on my corsa vxr but they were ok. I only got the 35w kit and made sure they didn't blind other road users. I followed my old man around to make sure they wernt blinding. They were a pure white colour and did light up the road more but no comparison to factory fitted xenons. I never had any trouble with the police and never got flashed by other road users. They even looked around my car a couple of times and didnt say anything. I do agree though I hate it when they are not fitted properly or a poor kit and just blinds you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts