Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well I had an ST2 from brand new for 6 months with only 6500 miles on it then got offered a company car and only got £10K off a ford dealer for it

So 10K off a dealer is not that bad considering yours is 2+ years old with higher miles. Fair play its an ST3 and has climate control. I would say your better off trying for private sale but putting a lower price say £11.5K

·
Registered
372 Posts
QUOTE(Goodyear @ 27 Jan 2010, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
trying to sell my st
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Selling-t61506.html
Getting nothing but time wasters and stupid comments on ebay. Local garage offerd me 10,000 and said it was only worth 11750 at most.

what do you guys think ?

have you tried pistonheads? seems to be alot on there your age around the 11.5k mark so as suggested before id look at going for that price?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Making me feel like I've been done now! I paid 11.5K for my 06 EO ST3 with parking sensors and DEATC in Nov 09 and it's done 26k miles.

Don't tell me I could have got a 57 plate for that price
was shopping around for ages too...

At the end of the day though I'm still happy

·
Registered
372 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 27 Jan 2010, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Making me feel like I've been done now! I paid 11.5K for my 06 EO ST3 with parking sensors and DEATC in Nov 09 and it's done 26k miles.

Don't tell me I could have got a 57 plate for that price
was shopping around for ages too...

At the end of the day though I'm still happy

theres a few mate, hate to say it!
but the markets never clear cut i suppose, as long as your happy thats all that matters!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I checked before I bought, and my 57 (2008) ST500 trades at £13k - I paid £14k for it with a few extras chucked in.

Unless the fact that its a ST500 and is 6 months newer makes 3k difference, I'd expect your dealer is pulling your leg.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(dorme @ 27 Jan 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>theres a few mate, hate to say it!
but the markets never clear cut i suppose, as long as your happy thats all that matters!

Mind you, did see a couple for sub £10k but I always refuse to buy the cheapest as I've learnt that if something's too good to be true it usually is.

The independant dealer I got mine from seemed decent enough and it was actually his car - so being a car salesman I didn't expect him to have bought a turkey for himself. Plus it came with an extended Ford warranty until July 10 so a bit of peace of mind too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 27 Jan 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mind you, did see a couple for sub £10k but I always refuse to buy the cheapest as I've learnt that if something's too good to be true it usually is.

The independant dealer I got mine from seemed decent enough and it was actually his car - so being a car salesman I didn't expect him to have bought a turkey for himself. Plus it came with an extended Ford warranty until July 10 so a bit of peace of mind too.

there ya go then mate, u got yourself a decent enough deal with extra peace of mind

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers for all your replys i think i will try piston heads at 12000 and see what happens.
Im gutted that i have to sell it but the extra £350 a month will come inhandy

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was going to trade in my ST in december for an RS. I got offered £12.5K for my 58 plate Mountune ST2 with 14K on the clock Sadly I think the ST's are dropping in value a lot at the minute so the dealer may be right when he said its only worth £11750.

I decided to keep the ST in the end, a decision i don't regret in the slightest

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Price it realistically and it will sell. My Impreza sold within a week to the first person to come and view it from PistonHeads, a lot of time wasters and dreamers on the email though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(Goodyear @ 27 Jan 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cheers for all your replys i think i will try piston heads at 12000 and see what happens.
Im gutted that i have to sell it but the extra £350 a month will come inhandy

I reckon thats spot on, £11995 private sale. Garages only offer trade values and want to put your car on their forecourt and make a nice little profit on it. The only advantage of taking 10k from a dealer is that its no hassle and quick. Personally I think you're doing the right thing. I paid £12995 for my 07 ST3 in August 09 and believe me, that was a good price then, the best I could find nationally (for a low mileage black ST3) and i travelled 265 miles to get it. It seems prices have fallen quite a bit since then but you should get 12k IMO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i did as you recommended and advertised at £11999.

had a offer for 11000

should i take it or do you think i could get a bit more.

The lowest i really wanted to go is 11500

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(Goodyear @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i did as you recommended and advertised at £11999.

had a offer for 11000

should i take it or do you think i could get a bit more.

The lowest i really wanted to go is 11500

IMO I'd go back and offer to split the difference and say they can have the car for 11500 and try and make out you're doing them a favour at that price. It really depends on how desperate you are to sell and whether you think its worth hanging out for the extra £500 over what you've been offered. At the end of the day its still £1000 more than you were offered before. If you've got a cash buyer you might be tempted to take the 11k if they won't offer more. You could easily make up the missing £500 on whatever you intend to replace the ST with. It will give you massive negotiating power as a cash buyer and you could do to someone else, what he/she has done to you. i.e. get £1000+ off the asking price of the car you're buying.
Just my opinion, hope it helps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would say 11k cash and then as above paying cash is more likely to get you a discount. A guy at work got a diesel passat for 10k when it was up for 12k

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You're discovering that people aren't willing to pay what you're asking, therefore your price and expectations are too high. Sorry chap. Drop your price until it sells or don't sell it - those are your options.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts