Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my younger brother had some body repair work done on his civic back in october after someone kindly scraped the side of it in a carpark. i didnt really look at it when it was done but had a look today after his car had been professionally detailed and i am shocked at the quality of work! it is absolutely disgraceful! i could have done better with some rattle cans!

i want to go down to the place and give them a peice of my mind because i'm absolutely fuming that someone had mugged my brother of 600 quid for that mess! but im not sure where i stand as it was a "cash in hand" job. not sure if trading standards will get involved as not VAT was payed and the work was carried out 2 months ago.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

very tempting to go down there with a couple of my bigger mates and "sort" it out but thats probably not the best idea.

·
Registered
50 Posts
By right you can ask him to do it again. I have heard of similar cases. Don't go down with guns blazing though, if he gets sticky then if you threaten him with legal action he might sing a different tune.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Is there any record of the work ever been done if it was cash in hand? I'm wondering if the person who did it could deny having ever done the work if you went down the legal route and there's no paper trail?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any record of the work ever been done if it was cash in hand? I'm wondering if the person who did it could deny having ever done the work if you went down the legal route and there's no paper trail?
no idea, it was cash in hand so i guess it would be very easy for them to deny doing the work unfortunately

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Threaten to call the inland revenue. Nobody wants the tax man on their back.
No point in doing that as all the guy would have to do is deny all knowledge of working on the car in the first place and the OP brother does not have a receipt so its a bit pointless.

Did the detailing company he used offer any advice as to how bad the actual work was?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took it down there just now and the manager agreed to sort it out on monday. hopefully he does a good job this time!

·
Registered
346 Posts
No point in doing that as all the guy would have to do is deny all knowledge of working on the car in the first place and the OP brother does not have a receipt so its a bit pointless.

Did the detailing company he used offer any advice as to how bad the actual work was?
Yeah, agreed, but to think that the revenue is on your back is usually enough. It's like an mot tester being reported vosa, the hassle just isn't worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts