Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, are there any opinions on what gets best results. fitting a bluefin remap or dreamscience?? its an 08 st2, k&n induction kit and dump valve, other than that is bog standard.thankssss luke

·
Registered
658 Posts
its all down to Personal preference at the end of the day mate,out of the 2 Dreamscience is by far the most popular on here.
I use the dreamscience map and its awesome

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(stevie g @ 17 Jan 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its all down to Personal preference at the end of the day mate,out of the 2 Dreamscience is by far the most popular on here.
I use the dreamscience map and its awesome

cheers stevie G. the bluefin is quite a bit cheaper, and all im really after is a bit more uuumphh than standard. appreciate ur thoughts tho mate

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
it will probly start some s:censored:t saying this with the kids on here but i do think code red is the way forward a little bit more pricey but you pay for what you get, i tried bluefin and i didnt work for me, uuummhh is what i was after and i got it with code red

·
Registered
6 Posts
A good question this one, i've got a 3 mth old ST2 which i have considered a remap for but it seems that only monotune are covered by the Ford warrenty? Biggest problem is the wife is scared of it as standard and lifts just as the action really starts lol

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 17 Jan 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cheers stevie G. the bluefin is quite a bit cheaper, and all im really after is a bit more uuumphh than standard. appreciate ur thoughts tho mate

With the bluefin im pretty sure you only get 1 map,however with the Dreamscience you will get 5 different maps so you can swap and change to suit your driving style...you can usually pick up a 2nd hand handset on here for about £300

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, im in a similar dilemma, i have been looking at both the bluefin and the dreamscience. I have explored dreamscience but am only put off because im confused about all the different maps (race, race +, dsci, performance etc..) I cant seem to work out which would be the equivalent to the bluefin stage 2 which is what I was intially after...
Is anyone able to run through the difference between the maps and which mods are required for each as I cant seem to find the answer anywhere..

cheers

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(kevin @ 17 Jan 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it will probly start some s:censored:t saying this with the kids on here but i do think code red is the way forward a little bit more pricey but you pay for what you get, i tried bluefin and i didnt work for me, uuummhh is what i was after and i got it with code red

i had code:red on my previous st and kevin is spot on, it was awesome mate. there is one in the for sale forum at the minute

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi mine has a GGR bluefin fitted along with induction kit sports cat & stainless system & radtec intercooler can honestly say
i am more than happy so as allready said it's down to price & what you wan't from car with above it's around 296 bhp

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(unclejimbo @ 17 Jan 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, im in a similar dilemma, i have been looking at both the bluefin and the dreamscience. I have explored dreamscience but am only put off because im confused about all the different maps (race, race +, dsci, performance etc..) I cant seem to work out which would be the equivalent to the bluefin stage 2 which is what I was intially after...
Is anyone able to run through the difference between the maps and which mods are required for each as I cant seem to find the answer anywhere..

cheers

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/f...ll-products.php

·
Registered
86 Posts
Having now understood the various different maps, dscie, race, performance, race+ etc what would you guys advise is the best map for somone with the following maps.

1) Panel filter+ecu spacer
2) decat
Race+ seems a good bet but really dont know whats best. If i was to add an intercooler would that change peoples opinion of which map would be best?? Just trying to work out what package to get!
ALSO
Whats the advantage of buying the startagem over and above the dsci tuning platform- as the stratagem is a lot more expensive? Is the difference one is through a PC and the other a handset?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(unclejimbo @ 18 Jan 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Simo- Im still confused- i know which packages come with which tunes- however its what each tune is geared up for so for instance with bluefin stage 2 it says for cars with induction and decat/sports cat and gives the figures of what the car should be running. However with the dreamscience tunes i cant work out what each tune i.e. race race+ etc is geared up for, what mods, and what bhp it should be running..

can anyone lay out what is the difference between the various tunes, so dsci, performance, race race + etc- as im tempted by a dreamscience map its just i dont fully understand it!!
cheers and sorry for the stupidity!

Ok, lets see how my memory serves me

Performance: Can be used on standard and modified cars - 255bhp on standard
Performance Plus: Can be used on standard and modified cars - 260bhp on standard
Race: Can be used on standard and modified cars -265bhp on standard
Race Plus: For standard cars. Mods may cause overboost -270bhp on standard
DSCi: Can be used on standard and modified cars - 270bhp standard. The best map of the original maps in my opinion

Then you can get the Strategem 7 upgrade once you have induction kit, turbo back exhaust and intercooler which you get to choose from:

Race Plus
Performance Plus
DSCi
Mod B - You can only use this with 3" downpipe
Mod B+ - Better than Mod B
Mod C - The Daddy
STOC - You can use this on a standard car and modified. No idea on power outputs

Basically with DSCi you will get around 270bhp with just the . 285bhp with intercooler and induction kit and 295bhp with intercooler, turbo back exhaust and induction kit

With Mod C you may see over 300bhp with the same mods but the car feels soooo much quicker

This help?

Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cheers chris- very helpful. My real issue is my planned mods are ecu spacer+panel filter and decat- which seems to fit neatly with a bluefin stage 2.. Im debating an intercooler too(elephant wont cover it) (so either I shop around or debate the risk factor.) Im just trying to work out which package to buy so as to not spend more than I need to. I see you say with race+ you may get overboost with mods?? Whats that all about??

Sorry to be a pain just working out what maps I would need to buy and therefore which package with 1) ecu spacer + panel filter + decat and 2) with the same + an intercooler. JUst dont want to buy one package then get an intercooler and think I now need to upgrade for £££/

cheers

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Race + would work with both the packages you have in mind. Mod b can be used when running with the intercooler but if you go the whole hog and add a downpipe then a nice bit of mod c action can be had

If your in the essex area one saturday come and meet up with us lot and we can demonstrate the different levels available. Drop me a pm if you wanna kow more details.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The Bluefin has 6 maps not 1. But it only holds one at a time. The first 4 are free (stage 1 and 2) stage 3 maps costs £50.

PS mines for sale £230 fully reset ready to go :) see my post in FS section.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 18 Jan 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Race + would work with both the packages you have in mind. Mod b can be used when running with the intercooler but if you go the whole hog and add a downpipe then a nice bit of mod c action can be had

If your in the essex area one saturday come and meet up with us lot and we can demonstrate the different levels available. Drop me a pm if you wanna kow more details.

You sure about Race + mate? I'm positive that I read on the website that an exhaust may cause limp mode or something? Or is that just with a 3" downpipe?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Right, here hoping im dont sound silly,wifes has a standard ST with a Bluefin map on it, but im not that impressed, what should I got for, not wanting to do any mods as I got another car for that, could maybe go with a panel filter and an ecu spacer but that would be that, any thoughts welcome

·
Registered
477 Posts
I run Bluefin Stage 1 with a CAIS and it runs just fine, ask LostThePlot who runs Mod C
and the other chap on the M1 between J23 & 25 this Wednesday whos running DS with ST300 badges

1 - 20 of 23 Posts