Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & girls fairly new to the forum & just looking to get into the st world previously had a fiesta zetec s mk5 & then changed to the dark side with a Astra gsi turbo.

Anyways Im looking to get back into the ford's & I have seen a nice focus I like & just wondered if it was resonably priced the specs are.

Focus ST-3 Frozen White
2006 06 Plate
45k on the clock
Full service history
9Months mot
Just ran out of tax

What do you guys think is a reasonable price ?

Thanks for any help & info

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
This tme of year is never good for people selling cars....

I'll give you an idea with mine that I sold in August. Was an ST2 in performance blue, 06 plate, 24k on the clock with a few minor mods inc. facelift console, bonnet vents etc and I only got 5.8k for it....still had a years tax and m.o.t. She was immaculate and low mileage but no takers.

I would say somewhere around that figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just realised I put this in the mk3 not mk2 section.

I agree this time of year is not good to sell thats why im looking to buy so I get a nice bargain

Appreciate your reply the one im looking at is £7.5k I thought with it being white & full leather etc that its going to be more expensive then say PB st-2 ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine was up for 5995 with a franchised Peugeot dealer in Ilkeseton. It was a 55 plate, black ST-3 with just over 38k on the clock. FSH (not all Ford) and came with full MOT, 6 months tax and a pre delivery service. I'd say 7.5K is probably best suited for selling it on April 1st...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh I thought it was a good buy guess not so much now. He was asking £8250 for it & I haggled down to £7500 thinking was a reasonable price.

So you think its not worth 7.5? Its got heated leather seats aswell as the 6disc sony stereo

Thanks for all your input if anyone else has got a say feel free

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Ahh I thought it was a good buy guess not so much now. He was asking £8250 for it & I haggled down to £7500 thinking was a reasonable price.

So you think its not worth 7.5? Its got heated leather seats aswell as the 6disc sony stereo

Thanks for all your input if anyone else has got a say feel free
all ST3's do matey

·
Registered
75 Posts
i paid 9k for mine st3 08 plate facelift stop start button 29k FSH all ford 4 brand new tyres and a full tank off fuel lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Prices seem to have steadily increased throughout this year, well they do around my way anyway.
I was only having a quick look on autotrader last night and the cheapest within 40 miles of me was an 06 with 54k for £6800 and then all the other 55-56 plates going for between £7-8k which is certainly higher than the prices were earlier this year.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Prices seem to have steadily increased throughout this year, well they do around my way anyway.
I was only having a quick look on autotrader last night and the cheapest within 40 miles of me was an 06 with 54k for £6800 and then all the other 55-56 plates going for between £7-8k which is certainly higher than the prices were earlier this year.
That's besides the point unfortunately. I wonder how many of them have actually sold recently?
There's still cars for sale on PH's which were for sale when I bought mine a year ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah a quick search on ebay & auto trader & I cant really find a white 1 for less then 7.5k there is a pretty similar one on autotrader from a dealer for 8grand on 48000miles 2006. There is also a white 2007 st-2 on ebay for 7.695 with 65k on the clock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's besides the point unfortunately. I wonder how many of them have actually sold recently?
There's still cars for sale on PH's which were for sale when I bought mine a year ago.
It isnt besides the point as you can hardly go and view a car priced at £7.5k and then expect to walk away with it for £6k by claiming that the others for sale havent sold. When you advertise a car you pitch it at a similar price to the others that are available. Just because some on here were lucky to buy at a cheaper price at a certain time of year, those who are looking now have to either pay what they are currently being advertised at or face not owning one until prices drop again temporarily when another fuel scare or some other crisis hits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts