Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya everyone,

quick question for all your technicial experts lol

my friend is buying focus st3 tommorrow and on 57 reg done 23k miles, anyway guy called him to say that hes come to clean it today after sititng for while as wife doesnt use it and had flat battery

hes charged it and obvioulsy had to re enter code for stereo which is fine, but now the airbag light has come on and stays on

any advice on this? hes told him he will collect it once he sorts light on dash but he said hell disconnect battery and try again, if this clears it

should he still buy it?? or could be more sinister or something simple

·
Registered
689 Posts
We had an airbag light on one of our Ford vehicles at work, it turned out to be a damaged seatbelt tensioner (I had no idea these were connected to the airbag system but apparantly they are).

He needs to get it in to Ford to get checked out properly, the Ford diagnostic computer should pick up any serious problems, I certainly wouldn't rely on the "oh I disconnected the battery and it fixed the problem" approach, could be

Wait til its been checked properly before making a decision as to wether or not to buy it.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
I had a
170 and the airbag warning light came on the fault was a airbag module done under warranty get it checked by Ford to be on the safe side

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
When I brought mine from a dealer lie light was one and they said it was somethingt o do with the passanger seat or something. remember when the light is on if you crash none of the relevent bages will deploy.

Les

1 - 5 of 5 Posts