Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2007
2 and its nearly done 16k. It has the mountune upgrade and i pick her up tomorrow. It's last service was at 12k and i was wondering if and when it needs it's next service. Also at what point would it need beakes and parts that wear and tear done? Bearing in mind that this car had been garaged most of it's life Still has the same tyres on from when it was new! Cheers.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The next service is due at 25,000 miles or when the car is 2 years old, whichever comes first.

It's worth checking when the car was registered, if it's a 2007 it's either missed it's 2nd service now or pretty much due for it - for the warranty I'm pretty certain it's got to be serviced annually, even if it's not racked up the miles for the next service.

For brakes it depends on how the car's been used, as a ball-park figure i'd suggest looking at the pads once it's got to 20K, possibly the rears needing attention before the fronts. Other wear and tear items tend to be covered in the services - air filter 2 years i think, plugs at 3 years, oil & filter every service etc.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(STIOM @ 4 Dec 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've just bought a 2007
2 and its nearly done 16k. It has the mountune upgrade and i pick her up tomorrow. It's last service was at 12k and i was wondering if and when it needs it's next service. Also at what point would it need beakes and parts that wear and tear done? Bearing in mind that this car had been garaged most of it's life Still has the same tyres on from when it was new! Cheers.

As Troy says, best to check and make sure the date of its service, just in case Fords use it as an excuse to worm out of any warranty issue, i once had a claim refused on my wifes car because it was three days out with a service, even though it was the dealer who booked the service and made the mistake.

Mine is an 05 with with 26k and the pads and discs were fine at my last service, so the standard brakes are pretty good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 4 Dec 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As Troy says, best to check and make sure the date of its service, just in case Fords use it as an excuse to worm out of any warranty issue, i once had a claim refused on my wifes car because it was three days out with a service, even though it was the dealer who booked the service and made the mistake.

Mine is an 05 with with 26k and the pads and discs were fine at my last service, so the standard brakes are pretty good.

Nice one phil good advice, like you'r wheels by the way

·
Registered
115 Posts
Noted that your car has covered 12,000 miles and is still on the original tyres? I'd keep a very close eye on those and budget for two new tyres. ST's do tend to chew through front tyres at a steady rate, especially if they're driven with a bit of gusto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts