Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Only recently signed up to this forum and have found it very usefull in my search for a ST, after alot of searching and let downs, I have just put a deposit down on a orange ST2 (2006) the deal has been done over the phone, which included Tax and MOt,years ford warranty,and full refund if car isnt up to scratch (havent seen it yet)all for the sum of £9800. The car has done 34k which seems reasonable for the year plus the dealer is a main ford dealer. Does this seem about right for the year and model and is there anything worth checking out when I go to see it? My head is in over drive now since I put the deposit down and being snowed in doesnt help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 13 Jan 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just check the usuals and the service history,i would have thought it being a Ford main dealer it should be ok

Hi and welcome, not that I have been here long myself
but thought I'd try to help since I have had my orange ST 3 '06 plate for two weeks now... I'd look closely at front bumper for peeling paint and chip damage, I was too excited when viewing mine and missed this bit so its only minor but easily missed... check tyre wear 'cause they are quite expensive to replace if you go for a good brand, (could be a haggle) other than that check service history but as your buying from main dealer agree with above post...

Should drive straight as an arrow and pull cleanly with an intoxicating noise and no misfire, I had to turn traction control (esp button bottom right by gearstick) off on mine to confirm this otherwise with the slippy road conditions the esp was cutting in and causes a similar sensation... I had an audi before and the nose on my ST does pull up a bit under heavy acceleration so needs some getting used to but is a truly well balance ride between comfort and handling prowess so you should be nothing less than well happy
Enjoy... I'm over the moon with mine and this site is awesome for information!

·
Captain Slow
18,416 Posts
I'd look to see if any work has been carried out under warranty as there's a few things known to fail on the
, these being the alternator, oil diaphragm plus a few others. But seeing as you've got a years ford warranty behind you I wouldn't panic to much fella!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the reply's so far, much appreciated. Feeling a bit more chilled out now just got to wait to see it on sunday,had the phone call to say they are picking it up on friday ready for us to see it. Just hope it is how they described.Loved the car I took for a test drive just hope there isnt any difference between a o6 model and a 07 model!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
21,549 Posts
QUOTE(scottydont1984 @ 13 Jan 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cheers for the reply's so far, much appreciated. Feeling a bit more chilled out now just got to wait to see it on sunday,had the phone call to say they are picking it up on friday ready for us to see it. Just hope it is how they described.Loved the car I took for a test drive just hope there isnt any difference between a o6 model and a 07 model!

only real difference are the headlights mate, think the 06 has chrome ones whereas the 07 has black, oh, and they have different birthdays
. enjoy your st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.