Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up a facelift st3 in blue this week. :)

Ive noticed in the passenger foot-well there is a lump on the right hand side under the carpet. So much so that the car mat doesnt sit flat. It feels like there is a smal box under there or may be just how the bodywork is built. The bloke at the garage didnt know what it was. I was just wondering, is this just how it is meant to be?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 20 Nov 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pull the carpet back and take a photo we might be able to offer some advice then

without actually cutting the carpet you cant really see it in a photo. It is a bump about the size of half a sheet of A4. On the righthand side of the footwell right next to the seat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do you mean in line with the radio unit just below the plastic of the centre console and in front of the right hand seat runner(passenger seat & left hand on drivers seat)?? it has one each side but what it is I dont know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Bobster200 @ 20 Nov 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you mean in line with the radio unit just below the plastic of the centre console and in front of the right hand seat runner(passenger seat & left hand on drivers seat)?? it has one each side but what it is I dont know!

yeah.haven't noticed it the drivers side tho. I'll go check now. As long as it's meant to be there.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Funny this. I just notice this too the other day, Dunno why cause im always hoovering. There are 2 lumps, one driver side and passenger side. (Bottom corner nearest the center console)
I think that the underlay has worn and you can see the shape of the chassis . It does seem a bit strange that it is not flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts