Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Afternoon all

Thought i would share with you my new years resolution, ive always been a big guy and thought 2010 would be the year that i try and shift as much as i can. I used to be smaller than i am now and am currently teetering around the 19 and half stone mark.

Im joining, i cant believe i managed to get talked into this, but yes im joining weight watchers. Me and my mate are gonna go for motivational support of each other. Have also joined a gym and got a gym buddy

This post is going to be for my progress up until the show season which starts in April, which i think with the first one being at Santa Pod. This is quite a personal thing for me as ive never really been happy with my weight but not that i always let it show.

Heres to 2010 and lets hope its a successful one!

Ads.

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 2 Jan 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Afternoon all

Thought i would share with you my new years resolution, ive always been a big guy and thought 2010 would be the year that i try and shift as much as i can. I used to be smaller than i am now and am currently teetering around the 19 and half stone mark.

Im joining, i cant believe i managed to get talked into this, but yes im joining weight watchers. Me and my mate are gonna go for motivational support of each other. Have also joined a gym and got a gym buddy

This post is going to be for my progress up until the show season which starts in April, which i think with the first one being at Santa Pod. This is quite a personal thing for me as ive never really been happy with my weight but not that i always let it show.

Heres to 2010 and lets hope its a successful one!

Ads.

go for it, i done this last year, i also done weight watchers but done the online version and i lost around 3 stone went from 19 and a half down to just under 16 stone.

will be the best thing you do trust me!! stick to it!

im startin again monday to get another 2 stone off, the one i put on over xmas and another one just for luck lol.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Best wishes Ads - I watched my Mum lose 4 stone and it isn't always an easy journey so it's good that you have a buddy to do it with and encourage you on a day to day basis. I look forward to reading your updates!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 2 Jan 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glen how long did it take ya to lose the 3 stone

5 months. but i never really done any actual exercise, as my job is kind of physical so i could never be bothered with the gym, so you never know your might come off quicker.

Once i lost the 3 stone tho no matter how bad or good i ate it stayed the same, untill i overate like at christmas and its just piled back on, so im hoping when i start again money it will come off as easy as it went on!

Weight watcher is good tho as you can still eat what you like basically as long as you count it in your points so its easy really. You relise how much you shouldnt eat when u start this!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Best of luck Ads, I'm looking at losing 3 stone by August, thankfully I've got the heat of Afghan to assist me but no weight watchers, it worked for my missus 2 years ago and the support of them helped loads.

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that sounds like a wicked time frame Glenn, i do 10 hour days and will be doing gym most nights when i get home. Im cutting out the
, snacks and coming off the drink. Which will prob be my toughest task, but my other mate has stopped drinking with me for encouragement.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Ads

I cant believe all these people are taken in by this, you joined a Gym to see girls in Lycra and weight watchers so you can befriend the tubs then take your pick when they get skinny, come on admit it lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 2 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ads

I cant believe all these people are taken in by this, you joined a Gym to see girls in Lycra and weight watchers so you can befriend the tubs then take your pick when they get skinny, come on admit it lol

Good Luck Ads, id go with you too if you lived nearer!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good luck Ads,

Having a friend doing the same thing will help a lot.
Going to get my ass into gear and get back into shape this year my self.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Good luck Ads. Sounds like you've got a good plan which is going to make it much easier to stick to

QUOTE(Si @ 2 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ads

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Good luck Ads, this is a very good thing you got into. Those girls in lycra would be a lot easier to pull when you down a couple of stones.

I made similar resolution last year and went from 17.5 stone to 14 in 12 month, and you can make similar or better progress as well!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Good luck Adam! Hope it all goes well! You could always just try smoking 40 a day! It works a treat for me lol!

ps When we going to Nandos next?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i need to loose some weight , im getting married in rhodes in september and all the mates are coming , who are all slim guys with six packs .. im more 12 pack with moobs ... so i want to try and either slim down or bulk up .

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Good luck Ads
. I did the Slimming World club for three months last year and lost 2 1/2 stone in that time. I was feeling SO much better for it to. I then got bored and carryed on eating like a big fat pig and the weight came back very quickly. Like you i shall be doing my very best to come off the beer and diet. I shall see you at Santa Pod so we can then compare six packs

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Good luck with it Adam, if you stick with a diet keeping you off the snacks and keep up regular exercise you'll soon notice an improvement - might take a few weeks at first as your body uses up it's water reserves but stick with it and you'll do great

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Gardener @ 2 Jan 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good luck Ads
. I did the Slimming World club for three months last year and lost 2 1/2 stone in that time. I was feeling SO much better for it to. I then got bored and carryed on eating like a big fat pig and the weight came back very quickly. Like you i shall be doing my very best to come off the beer and diet. I shall see you at Santa Pod so we can then compare six packs

Sounds like a plan Ben, though i reckon ill still be sporting a keg of some sort.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts