Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Hi

I'm putting this here to hopefully get an answer ASAP as my insurance renewal is now iminent... I have PM'd some Staff but had no reply yet ...

I recently called AF and told them I was now aware of a discount as a Club member of the STOC.

The first girl then put me through to Renewals and I told the guy the same.

He asked me to to hold and then came back and said I was 'already getting a discount' as a member of an Owners Club ...

I said I had never been asked if I was in an OC, and had never told them before, but he was adamant that a discount was already applied.

I said that as AF was only an official STOC sponsor from last July and that we were only aware of a discount from then.

It all sounded a bit odd to me as there was never any mention of OC discounts before (5 years with them) and if it is already applied I dread to think what the premium would be without it ...

Any chance you could investigate further and see if what they are saying is true ? Do you know what other people have been told ?

Many thanks,

Eddie.

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Usually the insurance company ask's for details of club membership when you take out the policy. I remember years ago having to supply my user name, member number and a few other details to.

Remember a lot of information supplied to your insurance company is based on the information YOU supply to them, Should you have lied or not told the truth they could well void you're policy!

Hope that helps

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really - I thought they had just started to give a discount (15%) since they became an official sponsor of the STOC last July.

I have no recollection of being asked or mentioning I was in the STOC before, and there is no mention of me having an OC discount on any documants from them in the 5 years I've been with them.

To tell me I am 'already getting a discount' sounded like a cop-out so they didnt have to give me this new 15% discount as an official sponsor.

I really wanted something to be confirmed by you so that I can go back and say, no, this is a NEW discount for STOC members not just for any old OC ...

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Sorry this is between you and the insurance company Eddie. Only because they are a sponsor on here doesn't mean they inform us of all the varying discounts they offer.

I take it you have checked out their sponsor sub forum?

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I see where Eddie is coming from.

If AF are saying they give a 15% discount to everyone, then surely this is up to the forum staff to investigate as false advertising? Or as the forums makes £££ out if them being sponsors I doubt they care.

However, as a realist, we all know that they don't just apply a discount onto your insurance because your on STOC.....

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
If anybody can show us where they are giving 15% off it would help?

Have they posted this up?

Also, if you are getting a discounted policy price before they became sponsors on here how did that happen?

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Cheers guys.

I've been v.happy with AF as their quotes are ok but more importantly they did cover my area for a modified car which no-one else would...

But 15% off for STOC Members would have been great at nearly £100 for me !

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Some interesting info from AF about discounts at the end of Page 1 of this 2007 thread:

http://www.focusstoc...s-in-insurance/

The offer of up to 15% discount seems a bit of contradiction to your first post imo. You say that you offer the best price possible, but you can still give up to a further 15% discount?
I had first hand experience of this when purchasing this year's premium from adrian flux. I got no discount from you because of being a member of this club. I got the best price possible anyway according to the person i spoke to. So surely if you have done your homework on insurance quotes and searched everywhere for a quote, the discount you offer to members is useless?
Seems this has been an issue for quite a while ...

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
It means naff all! Why do I know this? Because last January I took out an insurance policy with Flux (because they were the cheapest) and I wasnt asked if I was a member of an owners club, and..... at that time I didnt mention it as FordRST didnt have them as sponsors.

Fast forward 3 months to April and Flux announces it was a sponsor on FordRST and offers members a 15% discount!

Fast forward again to last Wednesday and I was due to renew. Now as far as Flux are aware I am NOT a member of any owners club so no discount applies. I query this and dont get a direct answer, however my premium was re-checked via the underwriters (this would happen anyway!) and I still have the cheapest price but defo not a specific 15% off.

I am not fussed as Flux was way cheaper but just so you dont expect a definite 15% off.

The other thing is Flux have never charged me for amending the modifications form. If this was £15 a time (which some are more!) I would have been another £150 out of pocket to stay legal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just taken out a policy with Adrian Flux, very happy with the price and service. £675 for a 22 year old with 4 years NCB and stage 3 mods.

Thanks for the great price.

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts