Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with admiral? and have an intercooler declared?
Basically i rang today to see how much to declare and intercooler as i am looking at uprating my standard one, and they told me i couldnt modify the intercooler. it wasnt allowed on there system. Tbh i dont think he understood me, what do other people have theres declared as?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Anyone with admiral? and have an intercooler declared?
Basically i rang today to see how much to declare and intercooler as i am looking at uprating my standard one, and they told me i couldnt modify the intercooler. it wasnt allowed on there system. Tbh i dont think he understood me, what do other people have theres declared as?
They wouldernt insure me with a uprated intercooler either mate when i rang and asked :-(

·
Registered
962 Posts
I moved to Greenlight for that reason mate, not that I've got an intercooler yet, but more because I was sick of getting through to 'Dave' in India and trying to explain planned mods. Call Neil mate, he'll sort you out a better price and a better service (PM him when you add mods) and just cancel Admiral. It cost me 70 to cancel, Neil saved me that in the apr interest on monthly direct debit

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats uter
then! lol.....i believe greenlight wont insure me till i am 21 thou? same with most insurance companies who take on modified cars. and i have paid for the year so i am insured till october

·
Registered
962 Posts
thats uter
then! lol.....i believe greenlight wont insure me till i am 21 thou? same with most insurance companies who take on modified cars. and i have paid for the year so i am insured till october
You should only have to pay for what you've used, but to be honest I didn't realise you were under 21 so Greenlight probably not an option. All I can suggest is to not put the intercooler on until renewal time?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but thats voiding my insurance thou
.....they will take an induction kit so will get one of them sorted, it wil probs well into the year before i look at an intercooler as well as just forked out for tyres lol and tranna save for a holiday

·
Registered
517 Posts
If I've already paid for a year with admiral it won't be good to cancel would it. Cause I bet you wouldn't get any money back off them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ok I'll have to give them a ring tomorrow.

Are they normally ok at getting the ncb proof out. I know some insures kick up a fuss when you cancel.

Surely it's my right to get proof.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
They never sent me mine, so just got.my nee insurer to ring them.
Ps there is usually a sliding scale for refunds So you "may" get back less than you have remaining

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh dear. Hope I won't lose ncb then.

Sorting insurance is such a pain. I'm going to see what green light can do for me and mods.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i got my proof of no claims of them off the computer, have you got your documents on an email?, i had to swap mine with my mods and greenlight did it 350 cheaper with everything declared. 850 quid at 38 driving a focus was taking the p!ss.

Oh dear. Hope I won't lose ncb then.

Sorting insurance is such a pain. I'm going to see what green light can do for me and mods.
give them a ring mate, i couldnt believe how easy they made it for me to swap

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've got my certificate on paper. Possibly got it on an email. But I'm unsure. Ill have to have a look and find out.

I'll give both a call tomorrow. See what happens.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts